Seeking Legal Related Memorabilia

Mark S Zaid

May 2, 2006
I am interested in any legal items relating to the Titanic (as well as Lusitania) such as US/UK Government documents regarding the investigations, law firm litigation correspondence, trial exhibits, etc.

Anyone with information can contact me at EsquireCollectibles@aol.com. Thanks!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Mark, if you don't have copies of the Inquiry Transcripts themselves, you may find it useful to go to http://www.titanicinquiry.org/

It's searchable and downloadable, and as primary source documents go, the very foundation of all Titanic research and even litigation. Beyond that, you'll have to dig through any number of seperate archives to get case dockets, depositions and the like since the subsequent litigation happened in seperate court systems on both sides of the ocean. It sure would be nice if all of that material was on-line but unfortunately, none of the Titanic related court documents are retained in any one place.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Mark, are you interested in collecting original legal documents, or are you after the information (in which case would a transcript suffice?).

Mark S Zaid

May 2, 2006
Inger, I am interested in the items for their historic orginality/authenticity rather than their content.

I am of course interested in the content as a secondary matter but for research I would obtain reprints or transcripts.