Seeking New Books

M

Matt Pereira

I have been out of it for a couple or few years now. I am seeking to get back in and get caught up todate on new theories and ideas in the form of books.

Dont know what the last book I bought was, think it was a mint condition first edition of "The story of the Titanic as told by its survivors". But the list of books I currently have is as follows. If anyone know of any recent books that I havent listed that is recomended reading to further Titanic knowledge to more up to date stuff I would be greatful to know.

1. The story of the Titanic as told by its survivors.
2. Titanic Diaster Inquiry Transcripts
3. The Night Lives On
4. Her Name Titanic
5. Titanic by Archibald Gracie
6. Ghosts of the Abyss
7. Story of the wreck of the Titanic
8. Titanic and her sisters Olympic and Britannic
9. 882 1/2 questions to Titanic
10. Exploring the Titanic
11. Titanic Triumph and Tragedy
12. Ghosts of the Abyss
13. Discovery of the Titanic

I think thats all the books I have on the subject. Would like to get some more and get back into my research and get more upto date but been out of loop for a while so need some help on which books to look at. Want to avoid supplementing authors funds that wrote books putting forth crazy ideas such as this one new author saying Quatermaster Hitchens didnt turn the ships wheel the right way.

May 3, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
The Last log of the Titanic and The Last secrets of Titanic are two that i would recommend.
Last Log by david G. Brown focuses on the collision and events immediately after while The Last secrets looks at the implications raised by a large piece of double bottom recently found on the seabed.

both good reads.

cheers

martin

Dec 4, 2000
Martin -- A million thanks for the kind words about my book, "Last Log." I fear it's getting a bit long in the tooth these days as much new information has surfaced since it was written. Still, I'm proud of it in context of the times and pleased when someone recognizes the work that went into writing the book.

-- David G. Brown

May 3, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
I reread it recently for *Sinking the Titanic* a canvas board painting
based on the steaming to Halifax scenario. Both books have changed my view of the collision and sinking.

just a side question David. How far was the Titanic from the ice field when it met the iceberg?
cheers
Martin