Set mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diego Uriol

Hello everybody!
I don't know if you have noticed this mistake before. It is about the railing in the forecastle of the ship. Take a look at this!

mistake.jpg

Best Regards,
Diego

D

Diego Uriol

???
Paul, you posted the same as me and you didn't noticed that. THE RAILING IS INCOMPLETE IN THE King of the World SCENE BUT IN THE Flying SCENE IT APPEARS CONNECTED TO THE OTHER PART.
Everybody can say this is a mistake

Regards,
Diego

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
No its a different section of railing. The king of the world screengrab showing a gap in the railing is further aft. The picture I posted was different.

Sep 1, 2004
Yes, Paul, it is a different section of railing and there is a mistake, just look closely. If you look this section of railing in different scenes during the movie, you can see it better.

Regards
Vitezslav

Feb 21, 2005
Yes, there is a mistake here.

I might add that there were two different bow sets used for the two scenes. One was part of the main set in tank 1 (as seen in the Jack/Fabrizio scene) and the other (with Jack and Rose at sunset) was partly captured in an interior sound-stage bow set with a sunset backdrop.

Someone somewhere must have missed their bow railing count on that section. Good detail catch Diego.

Sep 1, 2004
Yes, and in the final shot of that scene was used a huge model; when the camera goes away and you can see the whole ship.

Last few months I spent a lot of time searching mistakes in the movie.

Feb 21, 2005
The only one I caught when I saw the movie the first time was the long pan shot right after the Jack/Fabrizio scene, which shows the entrance to the Gymnasium on the port side of the ship when in actuality it was on the starboard side. I'm sure that one's on the list already.

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
Re: the flyover after "The King of the World", you can also see that the crew galley skylight on the focle is on the wrong side of the ship.

Paul

Matthew Smith

Mar 12, 2006
They used a different set. The king of the world seen was shot indoors against greenscreen. The flying scene was shot on the big ship replica.

Status
Not open for further replies.