Sheila Pearce

S

Sheila Pearce

May I introduce myself- My name is Sheila Pearce, I live in Plymouth U.K, with my husband. We are both retired, & remain very active. We have one son, who lives in Cheltenham.
My interest in the Titanic is that I am the great niece of John Henry Chapman, who was drowned with his bride Sarah Elizabeth on their
honeymoon voyage.
I have most of their effects, which were listed , & value them greatly for sentimental
family reasons.
I have mentioned elsewhere that I also
have postcards sent to my mother & my aunt from
the ship.
Together with my cousin I research our
family history, & these things form part of our
past.
I would be pleased to hear from anyone who
may have any information of other Cornish people
involved
Sincerely , Sheila Pearce.

T

Traci Miller

Welcome, Sheila. I'm sure the effects you have are fascinating.

Best regards,
Traci

S

Sheila Pearce

To Traci Miller & Jason D. Tiller.
Thank you for your kind messages. The effects have always been in our family, & knowing the farms
where John chapman & Sarah lawry had lived,
& knowing my grandfather William Chapman when I was a child, I have a sense of continuity.
(William was John's elder brother). My grandmother
had known Sarah, & described her as "A sweet, pretty little soul" A few years ago my husband & I went to a Titanic exhibition at Greenwich.
Best wishes, Sheila Pearce.

AmyCavenaugh

Aug 21, 2012
North Carolina
Hi Sheila,

I realize this thread is over a decade old but I hope that you are still checking things out over here. I have only recently learned of the Chapmans story and have developed a fascination with them. I admire them a great deal and am eager to learn more about them. In fact, I am thinking of writing a novel based on their story. Of course I would want the family's permission. I haven't been able to find out a whole lot about them online so I was thrilled to stumble upon this thread and find that you are actually a relative of theirs. I would love to hear your stories and any information you have on them. I assure you I would tell their story with the utmost respect. I want more people to know their story. It's beautiful and heartbreaking and they deserve to be remembered. Any information you could give me would be most appreciated. I would also love to see photographs of them, as I've been unable to find any. I hope this email finds you well.

With kindest regards,
Amy C.