Ship number from Lloyd's Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remco Hillen

Dec 13, 1999
Hello,

I'm in search for the name of a ship, I only know the official number: 124061. Apparently 2 former Britannic Officers where on this ship, but I can't find the ship connected to this number; an internet search turned up nothing. It should be a White Star vessel, as both Officers where still serving in the company during those years.(around 1918/1919)
Can anyone uncover the name of this vessel?
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Remco

John Hemmert

Oct 16, 2002
Hi Remco,

You're in luck! I actually have a "Continuous Certificate of Discharge" book that lists that one.

It's White Star Line's "RMS Adriatic". Launched in 1907, scrapped in 1934.

Best regards!
John Hemmert.

Remco Hillen

Dec 13, 1999
Hello John,

Thanks for that! I had a hunch it could be Adriatic, as several Britannic crewman later served on that ship; but I had no way of confirming it. Much appreciated!

Regards,
Remco

John Hemmert

Oct 16, 2002
Hi Remco,

Glad to be of assistance! I think I'm going to have to start a thread on ship's registration numbers for the White Star Line. (The reg. number is one of the best starting points for finding other info on ships at the archives buildings. If you have the reg. number, you can usually use it to track down almost anything.) If all of us pull together and pool our knowledge, we might be able to make a list of them all.

Best regards!
John.

Status
Not open for further replies.