Shipbuilder magazine help

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2005
Throughout the years, reading different publications about the Titanic (and other ships) there have been many quotes and other bits of info coming from Shipbuilder magazine talking about watertight doors, davits, UNSINKABILITY,etc.

Does anybody know how I can obtain copies of past issues? do the aforementioned copies even exist at all? My fledgling collection would certainly benefit.
As would my fragile little mind with some new reading material.
The Internet has been little help, possibly due to my own ineptitude, also I am new here, so please forgive me if this post is in the wrong category.
One last thing; this website is amazing, I stumbled in here a little over a week ago, and NEVER IN MY LIFE have I found so many others with the same interest. (my dear wife doesn't quite understand)

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
Steven, The Shipbuilder has been reprinted several times. A great version is---

Warren, Mark W (compiler/editor). Distinguished Liners From The Shipbuilder. New York: Blue Ribband Publications, 1995/97.

I believe it is still available from an internet site. It's rather expensive, but it covers quite a number of ships. It's in two volumes. Google and ye shall find!

There are older versions published by Patrick Stephens that turn up occasionally.

Good libraries have these books, or can get them via inter-library loans. I don't own any of them, but I have access to all of them.

Sep 19, 2005
Hi Everybody,

I'm French and belong to the French Titanic Society.

I'm also looking for a copy of the Shipbuilder magazine published in Summer 1911. At least, i'd like to read the article, even though this is on the Internet.
Dear Dave, thanks for your information above.

Is there anyone there who is able to give me an Internet address ?

Many thanks, best regards,

Franck

Jul 12, 2005
I thought THS reprinted the Shipbuilder Olympic and Titanic edition, but I don't find it on line in their current listing. A CD-ROM of the entire book is available through this website:

http://www.sstitanic.com/html/shipbuilder_introduction.htm

It is less than $15.00, which is a great buy. I found some references on the internet to the Olympic and Titanic edition of Shipbuilder, but don't find a workable link to the entire book. Robert H. Gibbons

Oct 13, 2000
THS was planning a facsimile reprint of the Olympic/Titanic Shipbuilder a few years ago, but the project fell through and they did not pursue it.

There have been many other reprints of the original Shipbuilder - check out the used book sites like abebooks if you prefer the book itself, though that cd-rom Robert mentioned is the cheapest I have ever seen it offered for.

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

Sep 19, 2005
Good afternoon everybody,

I'd like to thank you all a lot for your e-mails, you're really nice !
I know I can rely on several people on E.T when i'm looking for an information, and I'm never disappointed.

I think I'll be owner of a "Shipbuilder" magazine copy soon,

Thanks once again,

Very best regards,

Franck

Status
Not open for further replies.