Ships Titanic Passengers Sailed to Europe On

Trevor Powell

Aug 22, 2005
What ships did Titanic's passengers sail to Europe on in perhaps late 1911 or early 1912? I recall Edith Evans sailed over on the Kronprinzessin Cecilie, as did William Hoyt. Helen and Dick Bishop honeymooned aboard the Adriatic, the Astors on the Olympic, and the Strauses aboard the Caronia. I also believe the Allison family sailed to Europe aboard a Cunarder. Do any other names come to mind?

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Henry Blank William greenfield, The Meyers, and the Davidsons came to Europe on the Lusitania in Mar 1912.

Brian Ahern

Dec 19, 2002
The Speddens also went to Europe on a Cunarder that began with a C - either Caronia or Cameronia. "Polar the Titanic Bear" has photos of them aboard it and names the ship.

According to Walter Lord, the Dodges sailed to Europe on the Olympic.

Alan Hustak's book will tell you on what ship the "Winnipeg Muskateers" sailed to Europe. I have it at home and will try to remember to look it up.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
You're welcome, Brian. Glad to help.

Yes, the Fortune family was traveling with them. In their respective biographies (including Mark Fortune's), there is a photo of them feeding pigeons in St. Mark's Square in Venice, Italy.

Trevor Powell

Aug 22, 2005
Interesting. The Drews sailed aboard the Olympic to Cornwall in September 1911. Colonel Gracie sailed aboard the Oceanic in winter 1912 where he befriended Herbert Pitman.