Shoshana Amos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoshana Amos

Nov 4, 2008
My name is Shoshana Amos, and while my account is quite young on ET, I have been reading the boards for months. I am a student from the Southern United States, and I am very interested in literature, history, and theatre performance.

I became interested in the Titanic in the fourth grade. I was in a gifted program at school, and my teacher decided to do a unit on the Titanic. She had a fancy model and a bunch of books, and while we were studying it I could think of nothing else. Eight years later, I can spend hours at a time just browsing deck plans and passenger bios.

About a year ago, I read Gone With the Wind for the first time (I'm a HUGE reader, so it's a wonder that I never read it before), and it sparked my now obsessive interest in historical fiction writing. I am currently interested in writing a book centered around the Titanic, and ET has helped me tremendously in getting facts down, from room numbers to free-time activities to food. I am somewhat of a perfectionist (I like to make my history as accurate as possible), so I am very thankful I came across this website by chance.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>(I'm a HUGE reader, so it's a wonder that I never read it before), <<

Perhaps it never occured to you to pick it up or it just didn't appeal to you at the time. I'm a bookish sort of guy myself, but with millions of titles out there, I have to be selective about what I pick up. Wish I could read them all but I can't.

In any event, I think you'll find you're in good company here.

Status
Not open for further replies.