Sian Prescott Hi Ibm new

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sian Prescott

Hi everyone! I'm not new to ET, as I remember when it was first set up a couple of years ago, and its amazing to see how much it has grown.
My interest in the Titanic began when I read an article in a newspaper about Eva Hart when I was about 10.
When I first found this site, I began researching my local newspapers to see if there were many Welsh passengers and crew on board. There are not many, but there were some crew who were living in Southampton at the time. The most we know is about Fifth Officer Lowe and the two boxers in third class - Leslie Williams and David Bowen.
So if anyone has any information about anyone Welsh, then I would be very interested!

Anyway, hi to everyone on this board!

Dec 13, 1999
Hi Sian, Without looking it up there was Annie Meek and David Reed from Penarth, Edith Peacock, although originally from Cornwall, spent much of her life at Bargoed, I'm sure there were more given time it will come to me!

Geoff

S

Sian Prescott

Hi Geoff,
Yes, I knew about Annie Meek but I was unable to find much information about her.
I had no idea about Edith Peacock, which is interesting!

Sian

Dec 13, 1999
Hi Sian, Edith Peacock's sister Sarah Jane, left Carnkie in Cornwall on her marriage and settled in Bargoed (The family still live at the same address, the house being called "Nile End" after their maiden name.Edith lived mainly in Southampton in rented rooms but tended to travel around between Carnkie, Redruth (another sister) and Sarah Jane's home in Bargoed. I have several postcards written by her to her sister telling her that she would be coming to visit, which usually involved a stay of several months! She appears to have been very fond of the area around Bargoed, taking photographs and writing just where they had been taken on the reverse.

Geoff

S

Sian Prescott

Hi Geoff,
That is really interesting thank you!

I think I have found some more info on Annie Meek, and I'm going to be checking my local papers.
Sian

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Sian,

Welcome aboard! This is the best Titanic web site with lots of friendly and helpful people.

It's good to hear from you and I look forward to your posts.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

D

David Joughin

Hi there I am new, I have been interested in Titanic for many years, I think it was watching "A Night to Remember" as a child that hooked me on the subject. I do not think I am a relative of the Chief Baker Charles Joughin

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
David:
How refreshing that somebody with the same last name as a crew member doesn't think they are related. Are you sure, though? After looking at your profile I see both of you in the food industry and all? Being from Portsmouth, you must have been able to visit many of the Titanic sites. Are you a member of the BTS? Welcome to the ET board.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
G'day, David J! Now be a good bloke and put us out of our misery. How does your family pronounce its name?

Status
Not open for further replies.