Sign the guestbook

H

Heather Mckenna

Re: St Keverne Church, Cornwall, Baptism Register
The mysteries are hard to research I am afraid. I have my own mystery involving all on the list :-/
Irene Maud was my grandmother and raising two boys out of wedlock in old Methodist Chapple Cornwall is alot harder to unravel than the lost Baptism records of Hayden and Amelia! Oh well I am just 46 myself and the youngest of Irenes grandchildren so I will keep steadily plodding on until I am sat mending nets like my old hero of Porthallow back in the 60's Charlie Trip!
Heather McKenna, nee Sobey

R

Rozalie Leitch

Re: Miss Jessie Leitch
Since visiting the Titanic exhibition in Athens and since my Great grandfather named was born in Dundee named Leitch I feel there maybe some conection and would like to find out more about who this brave lady was. I too am a Leitch born in London but living in Athens for the past 25 years

Elaine Estall

Feb 26, 2006
Re: Percival Albert Blake
Percival was my great uncle (my grandmother's brother) although I never knew him. I'd be interested to learn what he did and where he lived after the Titanic. My grandmother never seemed to talk about him apart from saying that they thought he had died initially as his name was incorrect on the survivor's lists posted in Southapton, so I don't know much about him.

E

Emma Nichols

Re: Frederick Harris

I think this is a relative of mine. My grandmothers Uncle. Her maiden name was Purkiss. I would love to find out more. How do I do this?

S

Sara Chacon

Re: Helena Wilhelmina RosblomHello, I have an old Finnish Bible from Astoria, Oregon,that has an inscription inside that says;Titanicin(or Titanic)haaksi s(r)ilko April 10 Pair(s)eu,or Paiva 1912.It is hard to read,so I am not sure of the spelling,and I cannot read Finnish.I do know that it is a reference to the departure date of the Titanic.There were 4 Finnish passengers,who died on the Titanic,who's final destination was Astoria,Oregon.I am trying to translate the inscription,and to see if there is a connection with this bible.The Finnish family,who had this bible(since1866)names were Sophie(or Sophia),and Mariya Pekkala,or Pekkalan.Other names are,Magdalena Annala,and Josephi Ostrom.If anyone can help me with this,I would greatly appreciate it.

Katie

Dec 30, 2010
Re: Harvey Collyer

The article featuring his daughter suggested that he got into another life boat, (according to her) and she had the idea that his lifeboat hadn't made it to the Carpathia. Is there any info on him being rejected from that alleged life boat later or where he ended up?

W

wendy page

Re: Henry Price Hodges

this was my great uncle. any further information please would be much appreciated. wendy page.

R

Robert Guest, 23

Re: Robert Guest

Hello Geoff,

My name is Robert Guest, 23 from Melbourne Australia.

I would like to more about Robert and his life if at all possible. I can be contacted on robertguest@hotmail.com

L

Loretta Naughton Helfant

Re: Hannah Naughton
Does Hannah Naughton have any living relatives?

A

Arclite

Re: Herbert Gifford Harvey

Daniel Lindley's father, the Rev. Jacob Lindly, was the first president of Ohio University in Athens, OH.

A

Andrew Loero

Re: Madeleine Astor
Mrs. Astor looks lovely and elegant in this photograph. I was wondering though, since she and her husband were so far apart in age, was there much gossip about them going on on the RMS Titanic, and if so, how did Madeleine do socially among the members of the Titanic's First Class?And I was wondering as well, was her stomach already showing, since she was a few months pregnant, on the RMS Titanic?

P

Phillip

Re: Ernst Gilbert Danbom
I would like to know some interesting facts about him because we are studying the Titanic in school.

May 12, 2005
Andrew:

Yes, there was much gossip about the Astors —— not just due to the disparity in their ages but because Col. Astor had divorced his first wife to marry Madeleine. Divorce was becoming more common in the early 1900s, at least among the upper classes, but it was still considered a serious moral issue by religious conservatives. As to how she was regarded by others in first class, I think she was probably not the life of the party, owing to her condition. But there was never a question of her not being accepted. She definitely was. Her family wasn’t part of the traditional inner circles of New York and Newport, but they were respectably upper middle class. One Titanic film (I forget which one) shows the actress playing her being snubbed by some matron on board but this wouldn’t have happened in reality, though there may have been plenty of behind-the-scenes murmuring. What little is known of her activities aboard tends to support that she was on good terms with several established society hostesses like Marian Thayer and Eleanor Widener, who remained friendly with her for some years. From all accounts, Madeleine was a soft-spoken, gracious young woman, who would have charmed society even if she hadn’t met Col. Astor.

As to whether her pregnancy was obvious. I think it might have been less apparent than one might think. First of all —— and this is not generally mentioned —— Madeleine was considered overweight, not slim, which was commented on during her engagement. Secondly, empire or high waistlines were the fashion in 1912 so this would have helped conceal her stomach.

Randy

Katie

Dec 30, 2010
In the Leonardo Dicaprio version of Titanic the third class passengers were locked behind gates on their deck(s) and the shipsmen were standing there, guarding and maybe being cruel towards them. Is this accurate? Were they not allowed upstairs to board the lifeboats with the first and second class? I think many were forced to stay in their rooms and die there in the movie. Any info on this?

H

H. Stuart de Camp

Re: Family Information

Mary also had a third child, Frank Graham deCamp, my father. Frank was born January 10, 1920. Mary Margaret Elizabeth Marvin married three times, had two children and two grandchildren. Her daughter and two grandchildren are living 2006, Her son, is deceased. to contact me @ www.mooseriverhousebb.com.

E

Erica McElhaney

Re: John Jacob Astor

I heard that Madeline Astor was with child when she and John were tenants on the Titanic. Was this her "delicate condition"? If so, when was their child born and what was its name? Thank you.

Eria McElhaney
Bluejacket, OKLA, USA