Signature

Kari Holmgren

Mar 6, 2006
Chicago IL
Call this odd but one of the many things that I collect is signatures. So I was wondering if anyone had a copy of Murdoch's signature, or any of the other officer's signatures? Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Kari

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
I have an original of Harold Lowe's signature, and photocopies on various documents of all the others, Kari. I'd be happy to do you a scan of any you require.

Kari Holmgren

Mar 6, 2006
Chicago IL
That would be just terrific Inger. I'de love to have a copy of Harold Lowe's signature. Also if you don't mind some of the other documents you also have. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Kari

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
You may already have them in your reference library, Kari - the crew agreements for Southampton - NY (held in the National Archives in Kew) are reproduced in the Eaton & Haas book Triumph and Tragedy. I believe they're also on the CD-Rom released by the NA (back when it was just the PRO). The agreements for the Belfast - Southampton crossing are held in the Public Records office of Northern Ireland, and also feature the deck officers' signature (sans Wilde, but including Blair). These are reproduced in Stephen Cameron's book Titanic: Belfast's Own.

Soon as I get the time I'll send you some scans.