Signing My Ship's Papers for RMS ET

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
Hello all.

Seumas here and I'm from Glasgow, Scotland.

I'm deeply interested in the Titanic, particularly her crew, though I would never in a million years claim to be an expert !

The Lusitania, Waratah and the ships of Anchor-Donaldson and British-India Steam Nav. are also very much of interest to me too.

For a very long time I've lurked on here reading the excellent debates and the incredible gold mine of information you have here, and with such truly dedicated historians to hand too.

I've posted one question already on the crew forum, but dear oh dear, I have absolutely tons and tons of questions I would like to ask but just don't know where to start !

Please, please, do forgive me if I ask something daft or something that's been answered a million times before.

Nice to be posting on here, and I promise I will try to be a constructive member.

Seumas

Harland Duzen

Jan 14, 2017
Welcome to ET Seumas!

It will be interesting to hear of the the more obscure shipping lines and ships, the poor Waratah especially.

Reactions: 1 user

Jim Currie

Apr 16, 2008
Funchal. Madeira
Hello all.

Seumas here and I'm from Glasgow, Scotland.

I'm deeply interested in the Titanic, particularly her crew, though I would never in a million years claim to be an expert !

The Lusitania, Waratah and the ships of Anchor-Donaldson and British-India Steam Nav. are also very much of interest to me too.

For a very long time I've lurked on here reading the excellent debates and the incredible gold mine of information you have here, and with such truly dedicated historians to hand too.

I've posted one question already on the crew forum, but dear oh dear, I have absolutely tons and tons of questions I would like to ask but just don't know where to start !

Please, please, do forgive me if I ask something daft or something that's been answered a million times before.

Nice to be posting on here, and I promise I will try to be a constructive member.

Seumas
Hello Seamus,

I'm from Glasgow via Paisley. Welcome!

I also served with Anchor Line and J & J. Denholm a very long time ago.
St Vincent Place and St Vincent Street were old haunts.

Enjoy the experience.

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
Thank you both, Harland and Jim, for your warm welcome.

During my long spell "lurking" on here I have read many posts from both of you and always found them to be really informative.

I passed by St Vincent Place just the other day. The old Anchor Line offices are still there and in great condition, they've even preserved the legend "Anchor Line" above the doorway. It's a very swanky eatery now I believe, don't think they'd want riff raff like me in there !

Anchor Line and Anchor Donaldson have long been of interest to me both as someone deeply interested in the history of Glasgow and in my Great-Grannies brother, John, who served as fireman and trimmer on their ships during the twenties. His maritime career came to an end when he fell aboard ship and snapped his femur bone clean in two, poor lad.

Anyway, thanks for saying hello lads. :)

Nov 14, 2005
Yes Welcome. Lots of good info here. I like your city. Been there a few times. Wish I would have had more time there but I was on tight schedule. Did manage to check out the Glenlee and the museum there...both really good. And a few other spots. And if I remember right it was only like an hour or so train ride to Edinburgh. Another nice city to visit for history geeks like me.