Sinking of the Falaba1915

May 3, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
"Senan, are we to infer the photograph was staged after the event?"
Hi Noel,
I'm not Senan but I can answer your question. I went to the site whose link Senan posted and recommend it not only for the matter in question (here are many good works drawn and photographed.)
The image in question consists of a photo taken from a ship of open sea and part of the ship. The rest is the work of a good artist and retouch brush.

Martin

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>With respect, he has no point.<<

With respect sir, he does have a point. If you want to speak on the content of the article it helps to actually read the thing. If the want to substantiate your opinion...and let's face it, it mattered enough for you to mention it...then it's a good idea to do the homework.

>>Thank you for the link. I shall take it under active consideration.<<

Not a problem.

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
>Perhaps I should give more consideration to those contributors whose first language may not be English.

Is yours?

Your comprehension seems a bit weak. Or perhaps you are prolonging this out of some perverse need to, as you say, 'flog a dead horse.' Open the links, read the articles in question, call the archives (which after all was what got this discussion wandering off course) and come back with an educated, well researched opinion and not a series of snide retorts.

As both Michaels have said, if it is important enough for you to comment on, it is important enough for you to research.

As the person who started this thread, might I put in a request to whomever is moderating it that it be closed?

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
quote:

As the person who started this thread, might I put in a request to whomever is moderating it that it be closed?
Absolutely, Jim. What started out as an very interesting discussion on another maritime disaster, has become the total opposite.

This thread is now closed.​