Six Degrees of Titanic

Apr 11, 2001
Had a rousing game of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon today and suddenly thought- since Funnel Flicks is in re-runs- why not a new game! Example: Here's the star- Doris Day: Doris was in Pillow Talk with Rock Hudson who was in MacMillan and wife with SUSAN ST.JAMES who was Beesley's Love interest in- S.O.S. TITANIC.That was an easy 3 degree one! How about JAMES STEWART?

Apr 11, 2001
What-no players! James Stewart was in Rear Window with Grace Kelly and Thelma Ritter who starred as the Molly Brownesque figure- Titanic- she was a hoot "I'll flash my badge"- showing her gaudy diamond necklace. Notice Thelma plays Thelma in nearly all movies. How about Leo G. Carroll?

Apr 11, 2001
Well shoot- you guys are NO fun! Leo G. Carroll was Mr. Waverly in Man from U.N.C.L.E. which starred (drumroll) Robert Vaughn and David MaCallum who was in (cymbal crash)- A Night to Remember as- ta-da- Harold Bride! YOU do not get the all-expense trip to Puerta Vajarta- nor the Speed Queen washer. Sigh... one more- I am a glutton for rejection- Andie McDowall- I can do it in 3 Degrees of Titanic! Humor an old lady....

Apr 11, 2001
Senior moment alert- NOT Andie McDowell- that other frizzy-haired actress-Mary Steenbergen!Reaching for my trifocals....

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
OR Mary Steenbergen was in "Time After Time" with David Warner; Warner played Lawrence Beesley in '79's "S O S Titanic", Spicer Lovejoy in "Titanic" and the "Evil One" in "Time Bandits" (which had a scene aboard the Titanic in it).

Finally GOT one!

Best regards,
Cook

Apr 11, 2001
Bravo Cookster! I was indeed looking for that Titanic Double-Dip! Have you ever seen anyone more DELICIOUSLY EVIL than David Warner as Lovejoy and Jack the Ripper in Time After Time? Mary was also married to Malcolm MacDowell -the other star- GOOD ONE Kyrila-had forgotten PARENTHOOD. Now- let's go for the BIG money$$$$$
What? I HAVE to come up with a stumper- after being up all night building photo pages for y'all? Harumph! Well..now- let me ponder....feel free to jump in here.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Hayley Mills! Egads, Shelley, I'll be up all night! Here's an obvious one: How many degrees of separation is there between Titanic and . . .Kevin Bacon?

Apr 11, 2001
Hayley Mills (my ALL -time favorite) starred in The Trouble With Angels, with Rosalind Russell who starred with Natalie Wood in "Gypsy" as Mamma Rose, who was married to Robert Wagner who did the Navajo Rag for Amherst in (thunder-clap)
TITANIC- with Barbara Stanwyck and Clifton Webb. KEVIN BACON- I may be up all night- again! Cookster- to the rescue!

T

Trent Pheifer

Kevin Bacon was in Apollo 13 with Bill Paxton who was in Titanic
-Trent

Apr 11, 2001
Hot Diggity! And in ONE degree- a year's supply of cherry LIFESAVERS for you! Here's an easy one- Kenneth Branaugh.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Christopher Plummer was in Dolores Clayborne with Kathy Bates who was in Titanic. Too easy!
I still think Hayley Mills' first husband had something to do with ANTR!