Six Degrees of Titanic

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Rats. Just thought of something. You can actually get there in one with Cushing.

Do it with one and two degrees, then!

Josh,
Who should'a given it more thought...

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Ah HA, Josh! I'm just guessing here but I think you just remembered "Star Wars" in which Cushing costarred with Alec Guiness.

I'm still working on the 'two-step' version.

Best regards,
Cook

Sep 28, 2009
Hi Josh,

Okay, I'm really rotten at this, but I *think* I might have your two step....

Cushing starred in "The Hound of the Baskervilles" with Andre Morell (Okay, there's one of my weaknesses.... I adore Sherlock Holmes!
happy.gif
)

Andre Morell starred in "The Slipper and the Rose" with Kenneth More, who of course, starred in ANTR...

Kerri

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Hey Kerri! EXCELLENT connection there! And I just saw "The Slipper and the Rose" not a week ago! Yeesh, I need to start paying attention.

Warmest regards, as always,
Cook

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Cook,
Yeah that's what it was. The Guinness connection popped into mind just as I posted it.

Kerri,
Wow, nice job! But that's not the one I had in mind. It's just a tad more obscure.

Josh.

Apr 11, 2001
Nobody has had more past lives than Shirley Maclaine- can you get her Back To Titanic in 2 degrees?! Kerri- I am a Sherlockian freak too- am building a Holmes webpage (this woman has gone over the edge now)-and yes I have a deerstalker and Inverness cape (no pipe). I at long last made it to 221B Baker Street in 1994 to sit in front of that fireplace with a violin.
OK SHIRLEY MACLAINE in 2 or BUST!

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
We can always depend on Alec Guiness, can't we? Shirley Maclaine starred with Peter Sellers in "Being There" and Sellers costarred with Guiness in "The Ladykillers"

And let me know when you get your Holmes page up and running. I defintely want to be a Baker's Street Irregular!

Elementarily yours,
Cook

Apr 11, 2001
Actually Being There is the key but it was Richard Basehart in the flick-who had been in the 1953 TITANIC (often forgotten)-he was YOUNG then. He was also in Being there with Shirley MacLaine. I remember him in the TV Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea- one of my favorites. Here's a tough one- MARGOT KIDDER (who is making a comeback after a tough few years).

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
Here's a long one- Margot Kidder starred opposite James Brolin in Amityville Horror. James Brolin starred opposite Eleanor Parker in Hotel. Eleanor Parker starred opposite David McCallum in "Warning Shot" (the Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie) and David McCallum, of course, was in ANTR. She (Eleanor Parker)also starred opposite Richard Basehart in Hans Brinker, but he has been used already. I was going to go the "Gene Hackman" route but figured too obvious.....

MAURICE CHEVALIER, Shelley?

Apr 11, 2001
A shorter route to the ship is by way of The Reincarnation of Peter Proud (an odd and fascinating flick) Margot Kidder played the mother of Jennifer O'Neill (who ends up dating her own DAD!) . O'Neill went on to The Summer of '42 -her one big hit, with Jerry Houser who was in SOS TITANIC doing a very credible Daniel Marvin. MAURICE CHEVALIER?Ooooo-cheri, thank heavens-for leetle girls (get my boater and cane as I tapdance to work)-later.....

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
A faster route for Margot, for all you old-time tv fans here in the states, would be her part in the movie and later series of the same name - "Harry-O". It starred David Janssen, John J. Astor in '79's "S O S Titanic".

Maurice Chevalier was in the Paul Newman/Joanne Woodward movie "A New Kind of Love", which co-starred Thelma Ritter, from the '53 version of "Titanic".

Try this one - Gregory Peck.

Good luck,
Cook

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Good one, Josh! The amazing thing was I was also thinking about "Moby Dick" but for a different actor. Harry Andrews, who played one of the deck officers was also in "S O S Titanic" portraying Captain Smith.

I'm assuming here, Shel, that you want another route rather than the Reeve/Margot Kidder connection?

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Cook,
Another route could be Gregory Peck in "The Omen" with David Warner from "SOS Titanic" and "Titanic."

Josh.

Apr 11, 2001
Oh yes Capt. Cook- we try to keep it fresh and dynamic here-all-new -all the time. It can be done in 2 degrees for The Man of Steel.
Speaking of Man of Steel- I could have used one- just returned from the trip to UCONN to bring child home in the Ford 150 with ten tons of JUNK from the dormitory- had to schlep the tv and microwave down 6 flights... call me Wonder Woman- I Wonder how I get into these situations.

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Josh, I can see you and I are of like minds - I, too, thought of "Omen" but couldn't remember if Warner was in the first movie or the first sequel.

Okay, Shel, I'll take an easy route on Christopher Reeve (You'll see what I mean). Reeve starred with Michael Caine in "Deathtrap" - Caine was in "Battle of Britain" with EVERYBODY, including Kenneth More ("ANTR") and Harry Andrews ("S O S Titanic"). A great but sneaky way to make connections is find one of these "Cast of Thousands" epics; that's the easy route I mentioned.

Best regards,
Cook

Apr 11, 2001
Battle of Britain was the flick but it was the beautiful Susannah York I was thinking of who starred with Chris in Superman-as his mother., Lara. She was in Battle of Britain with Ken More, etc. Isn't it amazing that with only one or two degrees we can get nearly ANYBODY back to Titanic?! Shall we try for JANE SEYMOUR-the other half of the Somewhere in Time duet-without using Chris Reeve as the link? She is not the only actress named Jane Seymour- there was a 1898 version first.