Six Degrees of Titanic

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Jane Seymour (Version 2.0) had a voice credit in "The Quest for Camelot," in which Celine Dion did the singing parts of the same character (Lady Juliana).

Here's one for ya. Mr. T.

Josh.

Sep 28, 2009
Mr. T, eh Josh? Yeesh!! Righto, chances are I'm missing something obvious and there may be a shorter way of doing this one, but for now this is all I can come up with!

Mr. T with Talia Shire in Rocky III. Talia Shire starred with Eli Wallach in "The Godfather III" Eli Wallach with Thelma Ritter (from the '53 Titanic) in "The Misfits".

Kerri

Tracy Smith

Apr 20, 2012
South Carolina USA
This one has absolutely no relation to any movies, but it's a "Six degrees" to an actual real life connection.

I recently found out that my grandmother took a voyage on the Cunard liner Carmania in 1921.

James Gibson served on the Carmania.

Before serving on the Carmania, Gibson served as apprenctice on the Californian.

Stanley Lord was captain of the Californian.

So there's my connection to Stanley Lord.
proud.gif

Anyone else want to play it this way?

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
This is likely gonna be more than six degrees for me, and I'm not quite sure how it works out in the end, but on 8 October 1904, a Maria Gulch arrived at Ellis Island via the La Touraine from Le Havre, France.

As we know, La Touraine would later send an iceberg warning to Titanic.

Josh.

Apr 11, 2001
AT last- FLUFF!
Jennifer Grey with Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing
Patrick Swayze with Demi Moore in GHOST
Demi Moore with Joan Plowright in The Scarlet Letter
Joan Plowright with Sir Alec Guiness in Twelfth Night (1969 version)
Sir Alec as the crusty old salt in
Raise the TITANIC! There in FIVE! C'mon- bring on the big guns- am feeling feisty!!

Sam Brannigan

Feb 24, 2007
Shelley

That was really TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO quick!!!!

This gets scarier and scarier.....

OK.....Gustav Schwabe - and you have all got 39 minutes as of now!

Regards

Sam

(BTW that was too easy, so don't get all excited!)

Dave Hudson

Apr 15, 2011
Shelley,
You're a quick one, but don't go tryin for the Blue Ribband!
happy.gif

Jennifer Grey with Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing
Patrick Swayze with Whoopi Goldberg in GHOST
Whoopi with Victor Garber in Cinderella (2000)
Victor as Mr. Andrews in Titanic

He he hee

David

No lets try for Mike Myers

Yeah Baby!!!

Apr 11, 2001
Myers was in I Married AN Axe Murderer with Brenda Frick
who starred in My Left Foot with Daniel-Day Lewis who starred in Room With a View with Maggie Smith
who was in Murder By Death with Alec Guiness (1976) who was Bigalow in Raise the Titanic
In 5 again by the same connection!
The Old Mauretania and I are going for the 22 year record- we old gals come through in thte clinches! Gustav Schwabe? My German is appalling.

Dave Hudson

Apr 15, 2011
Gustav Schwabe?

Sure, but I thought we had to connect them through movies. Anywho, Gustav Schwabe was the uncle of Gustav Wolff, who was a founder of H&W.

Shelley,

Sorry to be the proverbial Bremen, but here goes:

Myers was in Austin Powers with Elizabeth Hurley

Who was in Bedazzled with Brenden Frasier

Who was in the Mummy with Bernard Fox

Bernard Fox was only Archibald Gracie in the 1997 film, but also appeared as Fleet in ANTR.

Ha!

David (the Greyhound)

Apr 11, 2001
Now David-you speedy greyhound-getting there is all that matters- not the route! Am taking back the Blue Ribband for the preceeding challenge!

Apr 11, 2001
O.k.-the easiest route would not be Batman but rather Much Ado About Nothing (the only way to keep my senior class awake through Shakespeare back in 1995!)
Keaton starred with Emma Thompson who shared the screen with our own KATE WINSLET in Sense and Sensibility who went on to Cameron's Epic.
Michael Keaton was born Michael John Douglas but since there was already one Michael Douglas in Hollywood-he borrowed Keaton from Diane Keaton! He and I nearly share a birthday- Sept 9, 1951. So-there in TWO Old Bean!

Dave Hudson

Apr 15, 2011
NO!!!!!!!

I've seen that version of Much Ado, but I completly forgot! My solution was 4.

I respectfully (if not reluctanly) relenquish the title.

Darn you!

I'll be back!!!

Very well then, Sean Penn.

David

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Michael Keaton, eh? Okay. Lets make it harder. How about 6 degrees between Michael Keaton & Titanic using only women! here goes:
Michael Keaton was in Speechless and Beetlejuice with Geena Davis. Geena Davis was in Accidential Tourist with Kathleen Turner. Kathleen Turner was in V.I. Warshawski with Anne Pitoniak who was in The 1000 Acres with Jennifer Jason Leigh. Leigh was in Delores Claiborne with Titanic's own Molly Brown--Kathy Bates. OR Drop out Jennifer Jason Leigh and Anne Pitoniak starred on Broadway with Kathy Bates in Night Mother. (I saw it. It was AMAZING!!!!!)
Okay, who's next??
smile.gif

-kate.

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Oh, did I miss the point? We we trying to see how few degrees we could use. I'd better put my thinking cap on.
I'll get back to ya. . . .
-kate.

A

Anne Sparrow

Terry Gilliam star and writer of Monty Python co-wrote Starship Titanic with Douglas Adams. Is that the way it works?

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Ooh, good one, Anne! I hadn't thought about that one. I was going with "Time Bandits", which starred John Cleese and Michael Palin (written by Gilliam, I believe) in which there is a section where the 'Bandits' landed on the Titanic.

Your turn.

Best regards,
Cook