Six Degrees of Titanic

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Much better than mine, Dave. All I could come up with was Madonna in "Evita", with Jonathan Pryce. Pryce starred in "Brazil", which featured Ian Holm, who was Ismay in "S O S Titanic".

Best regards,
Cook

Dave Moran

Apr 23, 2002
Pele in Escape to Victory with Max Von Sydow

Max Von Sydow in Dune with Patrick Stewart

Patrick Stewart in Star Trek The Next Generation - in two episodes of which he is tortured by an evil Cardassian played by, sorry, David Warner.

John Lynott

Apr 2, 2002
Addingham, Yorkshire
Aaah, Meester Moran, you have outwitted me by one move. My four degrees were:

1)Pele (or Bobby Moore, Ossie Ardiles or Mike Summerbee!!!) stars with Michael Caine in Escape to Victory.
2)Caine stars with Jack Hawkins in Zulu.
3)Jack Hawkins stars with Liam Redmond in The Cruel Sea...
4)...who played Dr O'Loughlin in ANTR.
...at least we avoid the ubiquitous Mr Warner!!

Mar 28, 2002
Yeah, Warner's really getting on my nerves now. Should have told him when I saw him in the Planetarium in New York in 1996.

This is how I "did" Madonna -

Madonna "courted" Warren Beatty during Dick Tracy;
Beatty is the brother of Shirley MacLaine;
MacLaine starred with Jack Nicholson in Terms of Endearment;
Nicholson starred with Helen Hunt in As Good As It Gets;
Hunt was with Bill Paxton in Twister;
Paxton was Brock Lovett in Titanic - ta dah!!!

Dave Moran

Apr 23, 2002
Umm

Gone With The Wind star Leslie Howard was shot down in 1943 by Hermann Goering's Luftwaffe.

Hermann Goering hung out with Albert Speer
' Hitler's Architect ', who apparently never ever saw anything bad happen, ever, oh no - and wrote a book to that effect.

Anyway, Albert Speer appeared in ' The World At War ', which was narrated by Laurence Olivier.

Darling Larry was married to Vivien Leigh, so we've rather gone round the houses there, but anyway, he was in ' Richard 111' barking orders at Patrick Troughton

Patrick Troughton was in ' Doctor Who' opposite Colin Baker in ' The Two Doctors' - as well as playing the good Doctor himself of course.

Colin Baker's doctor was also in ' Vengeance on Varos' as was Martin Jarvis

Now, how about Idi Amin ?

Mar 28, 2002
Uhhhmmmm...not quite...see what you're getting at though.

Vivienne Leigh was married to Laurence Olivier.

Olivier was with Gregory Peck in The Boys From Brazil.

Peck starred with Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday.

Hepburn was with Alan Arkin in Wait Until Dark.

Arkin was with Joanna Pacula in Escape From Sobibor.

Pacula starred with Ewan Stewart in Not Quite Jerusalem.

Stewart was Murdoch in Titanic!

Idi Amin? Isn't that Tim Curry's old man?

What about Dawn French in 2?

A

Aydan Dimitri Casey

Further to John Lynott's recent post. Joseph Tomelty, NOT Liam Redmond played Dr O'Loughlin in ANTR.

John Lynott

Apr 2, 2002
Addingham, Yorkshire
Further to John Lynott's recent post. Joseph Tomelty, NOT Liam Redmond played Dr O'Loughlin in ANTR.

Spot on Aydan...I of course meant Alec McCowan who appears in The Cruel Sea as Tonbridge and later stars in ANTR as Cottam. To make up for that can you link Tony Blair (yes, him) to ANTR in four. Word of warning, non-UK members may be allowed to go over-par with this one!

Jul 10, 2005
Messr Tiller and I were playing 6 degrees of Titanic with, Monty Python, Canada, and Titanic. It was quite fun indeed!

Many Blessings to All!

Beverly
happy.gif

A

Anita Casey-Reed

Well, has anyone done Jude Law to one of the Titanic flicks? I can think of a way to do it in three...

Apr 11, 2001
Jude Law was in Artificial Intelligence with Sam Robards, Jason's grandson who was Admiral Sandecker in Raise the Titanic. Boy I wish I had patented this game- now running since May 2001!

Apr 11, 2001
Or better still- Law starred in 1997's wonderful movie WILDE about our Oscar , with Vanessa Redgrave who was in SCROOGE with Kenneth More- our own ANTR Lightoller! This was the Scrooge with Albert Finney-Ken played the Ghost of Christmas Present.

A

Anita Casey-Reed

Those are even better than the one I thought of - I had Jude in Enemy at the Gates with Rachel Weitz (sp), who was in The Mummy with Bernard Fox, who appeared in BOTH ANTR and the '97 Titanic.

A

Anita Casey-Reed

Ok, Ok - here's another one: Matthew Broderick. I found a way in three...