Six Degrees of Titanic

Neil McRae

Apr 16, 2001
Good! That's actually shorter than the one's I had in mind:

Robin Williams - Mrs. Doubtfire - Pierce Brosnan - James Bond films - Judi Dench - Iris - Kate Winslet

Drew Barrymore - Charlie's Angels - Cameron Diaz - Gangs of New York - Leo Dicaprio

D

Daniel Odysseus

Neil:
I can do the Will Smith one in seven steps...

Will Smith-Fresh Prince of Bel Air-Kim Fields-Facts of Life-Alan Thicke-Growing Pains-Leo DiCaprio

Explanation: Will Smith starred on Fresh Prince of Bell Air. Kim Fields, star of the "Facts of Life" guest starred on an episode. Alan Thicke wrote the "Facts" theme song. He also appeared on "Growing Pains" with Leo DiCaprio, who was in Titanic.

A bit of a long shot, but hey, it works...

Jul 12, 2003
Wow! You guys are good at this...one of my favorite actresses is Sandra Bullock...can you connect her to Titanic? (I just pulled her name out of a hat just to see what you could come up with)...Happy 6-Degreeing!!!

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
That's a tough one, but the animated film 'Prince of Egypt' provides a link. Sandra was the voice of 'Miriam', and Helen Mirren, who was the voice of 'The Queen', played stewardess Mary Sloan in 'SOS Titanic'.

D

Daniel Odysseus

This is fun... My "Growing Pains" reference before made me think of it. Can anyone connect Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen to the '97 Cameron movie? This is a hard one...

Jan 28, 2003
Going to the movies with some of you guys must be hell. I'm hopeless at this. Bob, try Groucho Marx to Cameron's Titanic. Actually, before I came to this thread, I thought you all tried to link yourself to prominent passengers or crew, or something, and I got myself to Cosmo D-G in 3... oh dear.

Chris Dohany

Jan 8, 2001
The Olsens were in "The Little Rascals" with Mel Brooks.
Brooks was in "Robin Hood Men in Tights" with Carey Elwes
Elwes was in "Twister" with Bill Paxton
(Elwes was also in "The Jungle Book" with Ron Donachie, T97's Master-at-Arms)

Jan 28, 2003
All this only goes to explain why 90% of the acting profession are out of work - it's the same old faces going round and round. Bring back Central Casting, I say ...

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Bring back Groucho Marx, I say! You certainly meant it when you threatened to come up with a really difficult one, Monica. I like to get there in just one or two moves, but I think you've defeated me. Can I have a consolation prize for finding a fairly short route to ANTR instead? I can get there from Groucho's last film Skidoo, which featured Richard Kiel ('Jaws' in the Bond films) and from Bond to ANTR with Desmond Llewelyn (the ever-suffering 'Q').

A

Anita Casey-Reed

Heck, Bob - you're almost there with the Groucho Marx thing - since Bernard Fox was in both ANTR (as one of the lookouts, if I remember correctly) AND the 1997 Titanic film - he's your final link!

Jan 28, 2003
No. No consolation prize for you, Bob, Anita put paid to that. Even though I personally have no idea what anyone is talking about, viewing movies only about 10 years after release. But a virtual candy bar to any Brit who can make it to Washington Dodge Jnr, or for an American who can make it to the Countess of Rothes. Not in the best of taste maybe, but then not many of the films are either ....

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Of course! Fred Fleet in ANTR and Colonel Gracie in Titanic. Cheers, Anita, I'll share that one with you. And speaking of Gracie, that's another one for Sandra Bullock - I hear she played 'Gracie' in 'Miss Congeniality'!
smile.gif

A

Anita Casey-Reed

Actually, I was going to go the "Miss Congeniality" route for her, but it wasn't as good as your "Prince of Egypt" one. Miss Bullock's co-star was the hard-working Michael Caine, who of course was in "Battle of Britain" with Kenneth More. I swear, you can make just about any connection using Michael Caine, David Warner, or Ian Holm!

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Monica, in answer to your question: "But can you get from ANTR to Monica Lewinski?": Yes, through TV Producer Graham Stuart. He produced the Graham Norton show in which Monica was interviewed, and also the documentary In search of James Bond, which featured interviews with Honor Blackman and Desmond Llewelyn who both appeared in ANTR.

Jan 28, 2003
Sorry, had lost the proper thread. I am speechless with admiration - fancy knowing the producer of the Graham Norton Show! Monica was very game agreeing to go on it, I think.