Smoking room windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Damon! Do you have a website or something where you put all these pictures? Also, when you're finished, I'm assuming you'll do a full shot of the Titanic? This is really exquisite work! I enjoy doing arts and crafts, but I could never do something that detailed and accurate.

Damon I was just wondering if you could give us an update on your project? Last I heard it was coming along great and the pictures of it were nothing short of amazing.

Damon Hill

Hi Tripp. I've done some more to the Smoking Room siince I last posted but haven't done much on it for about a month now as I have been busy painting scenery for stage shows and probably wont be able to do too much more now till the end of Oct as the next show opens on the 21st of Oct and I haven't even started painting the set yet! Yesterday I cut out some fabric for the rug but that's about all. Making models is one of those things I tend to do in fits and starts...once I get going I'm alright though! How is your computer model going?
Damon

All modeling for me has come to a complete stop. I posted some 3D Renders in my "Help" thread that show a more modern version of the Lounge (not as exquisite) that has been converted into a library.

Damon Hill

Here is an updated pic of the smoking room aft end. Sorry for the quality,it's the first time I've used the digital camera! I tried to upload the attachment and it still won't work. If you want to see them just send me a message.
Regards Damon

Damon,
I can't imagine what it was like for you to figure out what all that detail looks like. Yet alone carve it. The Reading and Writing Room is giving me trouble and that room isn't even half as fancy as the Lounge and Smoking Room.

Damon Hill

Hi Everyone. It has been ages since I updated you all with what I've been doing with my models. I had just about finished one of the Turkish bath when I checked Parks' marconigraph website and saw his updated cgi's of the Bath's and realized I need to scrap most of it and start again! Still havent finished the Lounge or Smoking Room....i am hoping to have more time for it for the rest of the year as I am cutting back on my theatre design work.

Damon Hill

Here is my latest update on my three rooms. The Turkish bath is finished except for the ceiling and the gilt beams, as well as the curtains and stools for the dressing boxes. The Lounge has just had the aft starboard bit built this week, but still needs the door put in and the wall sconces made and the furniture done. I still need to do the starboard wall of the funnel casing, as well as the ceiling in the aft starboard bay and aft starboard alcove, as well as the base of the chandelier. The Smoking Room still needs: large sections of tiling, all furniture in the forward Port side, all forward portside walls and bays, windows, sconces etc. The Ceiling for the entire room as well as lights still need to be done as well as the revolving door and the cupboard thing next to the revolving door. The Portside funnel casing still needs doing too with all it's windows, sconces panelling etc.
This list of jobs still to do is a bit overwhelming......maybe I should get off the computer and go and do something.

Damon -

It is some fantastic you have done on your room-models!!! Would you like to post some over at TRMA as well? I know there is a lot of people over there (including me) that would be interested in your models! Would be nice if you will.

Good luck with the rest! Thumbs up from me!

Best regards,
Morten Jensen

I think you can send a mail to Sean Winterberg and ask for the password... Anyway, you can always open a new profile. I would love to see some photos over there! At least maybe I can ask you to post some in the forum?

Best regards,
Morten Jensen

Status
Not open for further replies.