Some of your favourite sinking scenes?

Dec 23, 2017
one question on the sinking scenes does anyone know what time frame this one would have roughly been at in the sinking? considering the POSE sim and the location of the dining room and how long it would have took to flood the forward d deck my guess is that it would have been fairly late in the sinking. Still a hunting scene nonetheless

Chris cameron

Jul 4, 2016
When we got the film on the double VHS pack my parents had a rule that the second half of the VHS could not be watched until i was old enough to handle the sinking sequence. Because of that i have lots of nostolgia for the first half of the film and the "Take her to sea" scene is also on of my favourites with amazing shots and james horners amazing score.

On a side note i still got my original VHS double from 98! though one of the sleeves went missing a number of years back
How old were you when you were permitted to see it? I recall having to cover my eyes in the theatre when the "drawing scene", I was about 9. When we purchased the vhs I never watched the 1st tape and eventually lost it.

Dec 23, 2017
12 was the age when the second VHS was put in finally. I will never forget that experience. We obviously skipped over a particular scene in the first VHS as well. Il never forget seeing the final plunge for the first time. The only things iv seen before then where the screen shots in books ect ( most i ever saw until then was the My Heart Will Go On video) Much like when i saw Saving Private Ryan and Schinders List in high school a number of years later it left a big impact on me. I hate to say it but iv seen the sinking scene so much now i dont cry at it anymore, Toy Story 3 is another story

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017
Same here, need to pick up the Blue ray of it as when i moved a number of years back the Dvd deluxe set was lost and with it all those lovely bonuses of JC talking. Whats cool about my VHS of the film is that they are actually from Hollywood Video if anyone remembers them, still have the stickers

Kyle Naber

Oct 5, 2016
I haven’t been around quite long enough for those ;) I do still have the 2007 and 2012 CD editions, though. I used to have the tapes.

Chris cameron

Jul 4, 2016
12 was the age when the second VHS was put in finally. I will never forget that experience. We obviously skipped over a particular scene in the first VHS as well. Il never forget seeing the final plunge for the first time. The only things iv seen before then where the screen shots in books ect ( most i ever saw until then was the My Heart Will Go On video) Much like when i saw Saving Private Ryan and Schinders List in high school a number of years later in left a big impact on me. I hate to say it but iv seen the sinking scene so much now i dont cry at it anymore, Toy Story 3 is another story
I was a bit beyond my years when I was young and I can remember, embarrassing in hindsight, bringing in the 1956 version of Titanic in for a movie day. Now try to imagine a bunch of 8 year olds watching this film. The teacher shut it off after 20 minutes as they felt the film was too adult( a concept lost on me at the time) and that the others were not interested, I was very upset.

Reactions: Kyle Naber

LukeW17

Oct 3, 2017
Unfortunately, I can say the same for the whole movie. I pretty much have it memorized frame by frame. I wonder why my parents hadn’t strangled me as a child..
It is one of those films that I can happily watch 2 or 3 times in a matter of days lol there is always something else that interests me or grabs my attention it braces the subject of the sinking extremely well

Reactions: Itsstillthinking
Mar 18, 2008
Germany
one question on the sinking scenes does anyone know what time frame this one would have roughly been at in the sinking? considering the POSE sim and the location of the dining room and how long it would have took to flood the forward d deck my guess is that it would have been fairly late in the sinking. Still a hunting scene nonetheless
After the launch of collapsible boat D (of which Rose jumped back to the ship).

Dec 23, 2017
Its interesting to think how long it took for the ship to fill up to that point and how quickly it was about to flood at that point