Some of your favourite sinking scenes?

Chris cameron

Jul 4, 2016
12 was the age when the second VHS was put in finally. I will never forget that experience. We obviously skipped over a particular scene in the first VHS as well. Il never forget seeing the final plunge for the first time. The only things iv seen before then where the screen shots in books ect ( most i ever saw until then was the My Heart Will Go On video) Much like when i saw Saving Private Ryan and Schinders List in high school a number of years later in left a big impact on me. I hate to say it but iv seen the sinking scene so much now i dont cry at it anymore, Toy Story 3 is another story
I was a bit beyond my years when I was young and I can remember, embarrassing in hindsight, bringing in the 1956 version of Titanic in for a movie day. Now try to imagine a bunch of 8 year olds watching this film. The teacher shut it off after 20 minutes as they felt the film was too adult( a concept lost on me at the time) and that the others were not interested, I was very upset.

Reactions: Kyle Naber

LukeW17

Oct 3, 2017
Unfortunately, I can say the same for the whole movie. I pretty much have it memorized frame by frame. I wonder why my parents hadn’t strangled me as a child..
It is one of those films that I can happily watch 2 or 3 times in a matter of days lol there is always something else that interests me or grabs my attention it braces the subject of the sinking extremely well

Reactions: Itsstillthinking
Mar 18, 2008
Germany
one question on the sinking scenes does anyone know what time frame this one would have roughly been at in the sinking? considering the POSE sim and the location of the dining room and how long it would have took to flood the forward d deck my guess is that it would have been fairly late in the sinking. Still a hunting scene nonetheless
After the launch of collapsible boat D (of which Rose jumped back to the ship).

Dec 23, 2017
Its interesting to think how long it took for the ship to fill up to that point and how quickly it was about to flood at that point

LukeW17

Oct 3, 2017
Some love it, some hate it but you’ve got to admit James Cameron’s 1997 Titanic affected a lot of people and was a major success and still is.

It is certainly what got me interested in the subject around 10 years ago and again last year when I re-watched the movie - it was then that I actually became interested in the real Titanic and the forensics of the sinking/break up and the real people on board.

Even though we’ve learnt a lot about the sinking and found out that certain parts of the 97 portrayal are wrong or dramatised, I want to know what your favourite scenes are in relation to the sinking - from the iceberg impact to the final moments. Mine would be the moment where we see the stern start to come up after Captain Smith’s death with the forward funnel collapsing and the Grand Staircase imploding and the propellers rising from the sea.

It’s just the music and how dramatic and tense it all is that makes it stand out for me. It is the same with the iceberg impact and the break up, even though we know it wasn’t much like that.

So let me know what you guys liked.

Luke

Georges G.

Feb 26, 2017
“I'm lonely. And I'm lonely in some horribly deep way and for a flash of an instant, I can see just how lonely, and how deep this feeling runs. And it scares the shit out of me to be this lonely because it seems catastrophic.”

titani10.jpg

A

Aaron_2016

The death of Captain Smith. (A survivor heard him say, "I will follow the ship.")

Captain1.png

Reactions: LukeW17
A

Aaron_2016

Is it just me or is this in poor taste?

We are talking about the deaths of over 1500 people here.
Scenes that touch the viewer's heart. Perhaps the word 'favourite' scene is a little unspecific, but in the general sense I think that many historical movies have moments that tweak the emotions of the viewer. e.g. Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, etc.

Reactions: LukeW17