Some rare photos I found

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chris mcqueeny

Dan Cherry

Dec 14, 1999
Hello, Chris!
You are correct in identifying all the pictures. These actually are of Olympic and appear in various books published. 1 and 4 are in the Titanic and her Sisters book, the other two I've seen here and there in books.
I've seen #2 and #3 before as well, but they are probably the clearest I've seen of those shots, especially #3...

Regards,
Dan

C

chris mcqueeny

Thanks a lot! I thought these might have been on the Olympic, but I wasn't sure....

Apr 7, 2001
Chris,

Very pleasing. The photos were very pleasing indeed. Thanks for posting the address to them.

The Olympic and Titanic did had their differences in appearances, didn't they? Or maybe more accurately, they had their differences in personalities, didn't they? Both were quite lovely though.

Teri

Diane Ostrow

May 19, 2001
Chris~
Really great pictures, thanks for sharing! I hadn't seen these before either and it was great to get the chance!
Ahoy,
Diane

Jan 31, 2001
Tery,

While the Olympic and Titanic were nearly identical, they did indeed have their differences. Exteriorally, the Olympic's promenade was completely open, while half of Titanic's was enclosed. Interiorally, the two sisters differed in carpet styles, colors, and differences in tile designs, etc. Basically, the two ships' interiors slightly differed in decoration design.

-B.W.

Apr 7, 2001
Brandon,

I noticed that about Olympic, that her promenade was very different than Titanic's. Sometimes I got confused when seeing pictures of Olympic and pictures of Titanic. They both have great beauty. I guess Titanic had the Turkish baths that Olympic never could have competed with. But still, Olympic was grand in her own way.

Teri

Jul 20, 2000
Teri,
Olympic also had Turkish Baths. For a full description and photograph I refer you to: Ocenn Liners of the Past - Olympic & Titanic.

Lester

Status
Not open for further replies.