Something I thought was hilarious from 96 miniseries

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Hey did any of you notice that in the 96 miniseries after Hitchens is told to go hard a starboard he flicks the wheel and he second later says the helm is hard over. I thought wasfunny because in Camerons the man actually has to look like hes turning the wheel. Shows you how bad the miniseries was.
Adam

S

Sally Rothschild

Adam,

I too found this absolutley hysterical. Another thing which made me simply weep with laughter was when one of the passengers was seen drinking a cup of tea yet it was so obviously coffee!!!!!!
Sally

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
<snort> Can't say as I noticed that part Adam. I know that when I actually had the helm on a ship that I served on, I had to do a bit more then simply flick the wheeel to put the rudder hard over. But hey, movies is magic!
wink.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I saw this dreadful flick once when I was stationed at Naval ir Station Keflevik. Rented the thing from the Navy Exchange vidio shop. Somehow, I don't think I'm going to rush out to get it again...well...maybe as comic relief.

But I can rent that Britannic flick for that.
wink.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Nov 3, 2011
>>For me, what took the cake was letting Mrs. Michael Douglas take the helm! (She probably sunk it too).<<

I lol'd! You may be right! And let's not forget " Molly Brown" smoking in the smoking room. LMAO!