Not open for further replies.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
LOL!
rofl.gif

S

sashka pozzetti

I could also make it.... technically.... wheelchair access permitting!!

S

sashka pozzetti

Oh, yes, that sounds much better. I will have my dentures titanium plated specially too!!!

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
I don't know about this forum, but the titanic-titanic forum has members who might make it to 2080.

Have we any really young pups?

S

Slatinac Sergio

According to Islam site,Titanic sank because People said that God himself couldn't sink her...
Such a stupid thing...

May 27, 2007
Hi Dave,

I'm sorta youngish. I'd be 103 in 2080. I'd also be in a nursing home drooling the night away.

Hello Slatinac,

Doesn't surprise me. People have always been saying stupid things. A lot of Christian's said the same thing back when the Titanic sank.
sad.gif
The same people said the same thing when the Lusitania was torpedoed in 1915. "Those people were warned in the News Papers." Is what someone in my own family said. In 1120 when La Blanche-Nef (The White Ship) sank off the reefs of Barfleur, Normandy in Nov. 25 of 1120 with the heir of the King of England aboard the Monks and Priests who recorded the tale said it was because of the passengers sins.

Dec 29, 2006
Witney
I read somewhere that a Nonconformist preacher in Ireland told his congregation that the vessel had been sunk by the Almighty because the passengers had been dancing on the Sabbath. As the offending sermon was preached in Belfast, these remarks were clearly somewhat tactless.

Jun 11, 2000
The Lord does seem a bit inconsistent. I mean, slave ships sank, Pilgrim Fathers' ships sank, the Wilhelm Gustlov sank - mostly innocents and/or the faithful, surely? Yet I've sailed over the Bay of Biscay, English Channel etc. many times, in the company of many fairly obvious sinners - including myself of course - and so far have escaped.

The way scientific progress is going, George, you could well be 103 in 2080 and not be drooling the night away in a nursing home, but nipping happily around at the anniversary ... but only, I reckon, if you're rich and important. So start planning now.

S

Slatinac Sergio

It was the people 100 years ago that tought that Titanic sank because of the evilness of the people.
And God wouldn't be evil to kill 1500 people!

May 27, 2007
Hello Monica and Stanley.

Dancing on the Sabbath indeed! My Grandfather was raised a baptist. Seems they had a guest Preacher who had a lot to say about the People on Titanic who were punished for their sinful lives. My Grandmother was the Church Organist but that didn't stop her from walking out of the Church. She blamed the Titanic sinking on Man's inherent stupidity. God wouldn't punish innocent Children that way. She would later support Women's suffrage. Folks said she had a vipers tongue and she wasn't afraid to use it. Great- Grandfather almost lost his Mason Membership because of his Wife's opinions. You ever did or said something stupid around her, she'd let you know about it.

Slave Ships sank to teach the Slavers a lesson. I'm the master of spin!
wink.gif

Monica, Me rich!!!! Well if my Daughter becomes famous maybe.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>It was the people 100 years ago that tought that Titanic sank because of the evilness of the people.
And God wouldn't be evil to kill 1500 people!<<

It was people 100 years ago who took advantage of the sinking to promote and further their agendas, both secular, social, political and whatever other lable you care to apply. Why should the priests, ministers, imams and shamens pass up on the opportunity to turn their own take into a sermon?

Status
Not open for further replies.