SOS Titanic DVD, Online, etc.

May 5, 2001
Hello David,

I have been looking for that version for years and could never find it, the only ones that would have it are the ones who taped it off the TV in '79 with very old machines (if they were even invented then), I know it was '79 because David Janssen died in the spring of the following year.

If I come across it, I will let you know, perhaps if there is enough demand for it, they will turn out the extended one......

One can only hope.

Regards,
Bill

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Aw, c'mon, fellas! I've been watching this auction for days, now! Please let me try to win it. You can have copies if you send me tapes and postage! But I need the original box for my exhibition! PLEEEEESE??? Please don't drive up the price. I'm a single mom with no child support from my ex!

Kyrila

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Oops! Sorry Kyrita! I had no idea you (or anyone here) were bidding on this! Can't speak for the others but I already have my copy so you won't hear from me.

Good luck!

Warmest regards,
Cook

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
You're forgiven, Pat. You know, the only other man who has ever spelled my name "Kyrita" was Kelsey Grammer. The "Frasier" star went to high school near where I live at the same time I was in school, and our schools competed against each other in a Drama competition. Can't remember if he won anything, but I took 5th place in state for pantomime. (Oh, NO!!! The dreaded MIME!!! Run for your lives!)

Kyrila

Chris Dohany

Dec 12, 1999
Whenever TBS airs SOS Titanic it's the long version. It seems like it's been a while since the station has shown it, but it's something to keep in mind.

Sep 25, 1997
Be warry of the SOS Titanic copy on eBay. I purchased the exact same tape from a friend with the expectation that it would be the longer version -- however, much to my dismay, it wasn't. I am lucky however to have the long version on VHS tape. I acquired it through a teacher who had taped it off TV. In fact there are some late 70's early 80's commercials that haven't been omitted.

In my opinion, after one watches the longer version, you just can't go back to the shorter one. There are so many "scenes" that were cut out that I can't even watch the short one anymore. But then again this is just me. I probably have a fondness for the longer version as I watched it during my "formative" Titanic years -- before I became a fanatic and where every little piece of writing that contained the name "Titanic" thrilled me to bits.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Good luck with the hunt. If I can be of any assistence, please let me know.

Jason

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Oops! (So many of my posts lately begin with "Oops!") Sorry, Kyrila. Chalk it up to bad eyesight.

Jason. you mean even though that tape box states it's 150 minutes long it's the short version? I guess the only safe bet is to tape it off tv, after checking the running time. My favorite 'goof' due to the shortening of the film has one scene where Helen Mirren is in a lifeboat as it's lowered and then a scene after this she is talking to Thomas Andrews!

Best regards,
Cook

Dave Hudson

Apr 25, 2001
AWWWW MANNNNN!!!!! Fine Kyrila, you can have the eBay one....
But I do want a copy of it. Email me your address and I will mail you a blank cassette. How much do you think postage will be?

David

PS, the description does say that it's 150 min. long. I think it is the long version.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
My heart is broken! I really wanted to complete my video collection for my exhibition. Now there will remain a big hole. Anyway, I do have a picture of the cover that I could paste on a video box, so if any of you kind souls would like to send me a copy I will reimburse you for your trouble. I've already called all the video stores and both versions are out of print. That's the long and short of it.

Kyrila

May 5, 2001
Kyrila,

Do not despair however, I am leaving you my original artwork video of "Raise The Titanic" if I should pass on....call me a genrous soul, mine will be long gone from here.

Bill

Diane Ostrow

May 19, 2001
Foul!!! I cry Foul!!!! I was going to bid, now I'm foiled again! Good Luck David, I hope you do win it, you've been looking a lot longer than me so...."I concede!"
Cook~ If you ever see another please let me know!
Ahoy!
Diane

Diane Ostrow

May 19, 2001
David~
I am so sorry, my finger-crossing gene must have been asleep! Well, on a brighter note, perhaps Cook will find us another, or we will finally run across it again!
Ahoy!
Diane