Southern California Meeting October 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Titanic buffs are invited to meet at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California on Sunday, October 1st at 11:30 am.

Meet on the Promenade Deck near the hotel entrance elevator, the bell and the information desk. It's a casual affair. We'll have lunch at the Promenade Cafe, stroll around the ship, maybe share a drink, and look at John Clifford's pictures of the recent listmembers convention. Bring a friend. There is no charge. Contact me offline for more details or directions. [email protected]

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Thanks for posting this, Mike.
You should also note that both my picture, as well as some of esteemed Listowner Phil Hind, will be available.

John Clifford

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Notice of date change to Oct 8th.

Please be advised that the Southern California meeting has been changed from October 1st to October 8th. The change was made so that we could all get a chance to meet Jeff Newman while he is out here on a working vacation.

The time and place remain the same. Queen Mary. 11:30am. Promenade Deck near Info desk and bell. Lunch at Promenade Cafe.

(Cook -- please change the date on the marquee.)

H

Haiko Blikian

hi everyone!

i just wanted to know if alot of people went to the queen mary meeting on the 8th of october. i really wanted to come but i couldnt because it was my grandmothers funeral...if its not to much to ask please tell me if it was fun and what u guys did! thanks!

haiko blikian

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
Haiko:

First, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

There were 10 of us there. Jeff Newman of majordomo Titanic fame was out here on business from Brooklyn, New York, so we all got a chance to meet him and see a typical Queen Mary hotel room. We had lunch at the Promenade Cafe and looked at John Clifford's pictures from the New York and Philadelphia listmembers convention. So, we got to see Pat Cook, Mark Baber, Phil Gowan, Inger, Bonnie, Susan and many others in living color.

It turns out that the Steamship Historical Society had their convention October 6-8th at the Queen Mary, so we saw the tale end of Ken Marschall's presentation there about the efforts to save the SS Catalina, and saw the beautiful prints he has drawn of it.

Later, we also ran into a very interesting chap from Capetown, South Africa who was just finishing up a one month tour of the US. He is also a Titaniac, but had never realized how many like souls there were, so we had a good time telling him about Encyclopedia Titanica, the THS, TI, and BTS.

We don't have a firm date for November's meeting yet, but will let you know.

H

Haiko Blikian

thanks alot mike for letting me know what you guys did and im glad to hear that you guys had fun,
take care!
haiko

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Haiko, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I went through the same thing on March of last year and served as the one of the pallbearers at the funeral. I know it's a tough time and you have my heartfelt condolances.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

J

John G. Moran IV

mike, of [email protected]
I am in newport beach , ca. and am visiting this site for the first time as regarding the chat room.
I am the millennium answer to the Titanic of 1912 and have a report of a most profound nature that needs to be brought to market. It is the millennium 2000 answer to the disaster of this vessel. How can we organize a meeting a.s.a.p.
john m.

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
Next Queen Mary gathering is set for Sunday, November 12th, 12 Noon. Meeting place is same: Promenade Deck, near and next to the bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.