Space by the Aft Grand Staircase Dome

Shane Worthy

Aug 12, 2004
What was the little space between the Aft Grand Staircase Dome and the Reciprocating Engine Casing?
All Ahead Full!

Dan Cherry

Mar 3, 2000
It was a 'light and air' passage - if you refer to the Eaton and Haas Titanic plans, I believe this is noted. Based on what you've inquired of thus far, it sounds like you have the basic Olympic deck plans, where much was not identified.

Shane Worthy

Aug 12, 2004
Thank you Dan,
I actually printed out the plans from this sight on a HUGE piece of paper! Thank you!
All Ahead Full!

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Shane,

A word of caution on following the deckplans on this site. They are very crude and very inaccurate - so I would not place a great amount faith in using them for reference.

I have undertaken the massive task of correcting them, and I have just finished D Deck, you can find my work here:

http://www.finalsolutions.net/TitanicPlans.html

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Brian

Dec 6, 2000
Hello Brain,

Just looked at your plans. A great improvement to what is currently on the web-site.
One minor point; as I mentioned during out discussions; with the 2nd Class Ladies bathrooms all "3" opened off of the same passageway. So you should move the door for the forward bathroom from where you have it to the after wall of that bathroom.

Shane Worthy

Aug 12, 2004
Thanks Brian!
Are you going to label them? Overall, it's an awesome venture. Where do you recieve your references. Books? Original plans?
Thanks!
All Ahead Full!
Shane N. Worthy

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Shane,

They are labeled, all you do is hover your mouse over an area and it will tell you what that area is, I have every are of the ship on all decks labeled.

Best Regards,

Brian

Shane Worthy

Aug 12, 2004
Brian,
I did not see this, thanks! I was clicking them and getting another page. So do you get them from original plans?
Talk to you later!
All Ahead Full!
Shane N. Worthy

Shane Worthy

Aug 12, 2004
By the way,
Will you be adding decks. I am really looking forward to E Deck since this is the hub of my research right now!
Thanks a bunch,
Shane N. Worthy
All Ahead Full!

Dan Cherry

Mar 3, 2000
Those interested in comprehensive deck plans might want to save all the hours of research by considering Bruce Beveridge's highly detailed deck plans of the Titanic. He's done all the work, already...

B

Brian R Peterson

Well thanks to everyone for having no confidence in my work.

I ask Shane why he should spend $40 on the deckplans when mine are free?

Brian

B

Brian R Peterson

Shane,

To answer your question Shane, yes all decks will be added, and I am working on E as we speak.

Best Regards,

Brian

Dec 6, 2000
Brian:

In no way did I say I (or we) had no confidence in your work. Not having spent much time at your web-site due to lack of time, I can't say much about your plans. All I was doing was commenting on a set of plans of known accuracy!

Though I am sure they are not perfect! Is anything? :)

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I ask Shane why he should spend $40 on the deckplans when mine are free? <<

Two reasons come to mind. One being that the plans that Bruce Beveridge produced are very thoroughly labled. The other being that when the power fails or one is nowhere near a computer, one only need pull them out and roll them out. Paper is not vulnerable to the failings of the electric company.

Brian, I don't think anyone was expressing no confidence in your deck plans. They're quite well done, but as it's an on line source, it's incredibly vulnerable. Websites vanish all the time. Yours can too, and sometimes for reasons you may not even be able to control. Just a couple of months ago, an ISP that did business locally went out of business without any warning whatever, leaving it's customers flat. Some fairly well respected websites such as the Titanic Picture Palace went belly up one day, hasn't been heard from since, and I'm sure the TRMA people could tell you a thing or dozen about having to change webhosts. Hardcopy isn't quite that vulnerable.

Advising people to get the paper plans isn't intended as a slap in your face. It's just extra insurance.
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
www.titanicology.com
It is nice having a good and accurate set of on-line plans for quick reference. However, the level of detail that are in the Beveridge plans is something that any serious researcher should have access to. As I have said it is well worth it.

Dec 7, 2000
Brian,

I concur with others. There is nothing wrong with your plans, and what you're doing -- making a set of plans available on line -- is absolutely commendable.

However one can't look past Bruce's plans either. They're highly detailed, and with the help of a number of people and a year's worth of work, they're like nothing I have seen offered anywhere else. Compared to the price of the Hahn plans, at $40, Bruce's plans really are a steal.

Daniel.

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi All,

I do apologize for my rather crass comment earlier, it was a bad night for me, I had fallen in the shower and fractured my skull, and I was in a foul mood, understandably, and after spending all night in the ER, I read and misinterpreted what was being said.
sad.gif

Best Regards,

Brian