Special offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rolf Vonk

Hello,

I've wonder if somebody knows more about Jonkheer John George Reuchlin? ("Jonkheer" is a term for a non-titled nobleman. The term does only exist in the Netherlands and Belgium). Jonkheer John George Reuchlin was the son of the managing director of the famous Dutch "Holland America Line" (HAL). Because of the line's interest in the huge White Star liners Titanic and Olympic, Mr Ismay offered a special service to Jonkheer Reuchlin. He wrote a letter (see ET 1st class passengers) to assure the HAL personally that Jonkheer Reuchlin would stay in a comfortable room. Jonkheer Reuchlin didn't have to pay for the voyage. Does anybody have an idea in which cabin Reuchlin stayed? I thought it could have been a room on the starboard side of B deck. There are some comfortable empty rooms. One of the passengers in that area (Mr Wyckoff van Derhoef) must have known Jonkheer Reuchlin, because he was the first class passenger representative. It is almost certain that Mr Ismay and Jonkheer Reuchlin talked about business on board Titanic.
I know the Ryersons were also offered a special service. They got a extra stateroom, because the couple lost a son. Is there anyone who knows if there were other passengers who got a special offer from Ismay?

I hope somebody can help me further.

Greetings Rollie

Status
Not open for further replies.