Spreading the Love

Sep 15, 2010
Elizabethtown, PA
Hey, everyone! Over the past few months, the two beautiful little girls my family and I babysit regularly, Rachel and Hannah (6 and 8), saw me posting on the forum here and asked what I was doing. When I told them I was reading about the Titanic, they promptly asked what the Titanic was, so I told them about it and with parental permission and a few TV edits later, they were allowed to watch the JC movie for the visual understanding of how big Titanic was and the panic of the situation!
Ever since then, dear Rachel and Hannah have been constantly obsessing over the Titanic. Rachel knows how many lifeboats there were! How many people were on the ship and, impressively for a six year old, Hannah has actually memorized quotes from the movie (and manages to call me Jack, despite my being a girl! haha!). I even learned today while they were visiting for a memorial day get together (I sadly was at work), they played the Titanic game in the pool and were instructing everyone that they would be seating "Women and children FIRST!" I was bursting at the seams with pride when I heard this! I love my little Titanic girls!

Is there anybody that YOU have spread "the love" to? Children? Students? Friends? Brothers, sisters, parents? I'd love to hear more stories such as this!

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Is there anybody that YOU have spread "the love" to? Children? Students? Friends? Brothers, sisters, parents? I'd love to hear more stories such as this!<<

The ones I mention the subject to think I should be locked up "Fer his own pertecshun!"
wink.gif

May 3, 2005
Michael H. Standart wrote:
"The ones I mention the subject to think I should be locked up "Fer his own pertecshun!"

Don't feel alone, Michael ! I get the same response if I mention "Titanic" or "Route 66." LOL

Sep 15, 2010
Elizabethtown, PA
Hahaha, people would be running for the hills! Titanic, Route 666... Titanic ON Route 666, you know... But I, too, get that same groaning and eye roll when I even begin to say "You know, on the Titan-"

I think Rachel and Hannah are about the only other two people I know in real life who don't run as fast as they can! Although it is funny how fascinated a child can be at certain things, such as the Titanic!