SS Le Parisien

Cody Gentry

Feb 6, 2008
I am currently writing a novel about a few egyptologists' fanciful journey to Egypt and into the Abyss of the Egyptian Duat (Underworld). From France they travel aboard an imaginary ship named the SS. Parisien which subsequently sinks after some Egyptian Voodoo magic.

I was just wondering if anybody was interested;)

I'm also in the process of developing a side view drawing of the ship ( which I think is quite well done). It looks much like the Majestic in my opinion, but with grey funnels that hadn't yet been painted back to their original colors following the Great War.

I also include a brief voyage on the Aquitania.

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
Important detail: the interiors of the French ships that sailed to the colonies, far eastern, and Mediterranean ports were not at all like the familiar floating chateaux from the north Atlantic, and CGT. The interiors used stylized interpretations of 'native' architecture....I think there may even have been a few Egyptian rooms.... and what the traveler would have seen would have been more Ankor Wat than Versailles or 1925 exposition.

Cody Gentry

Feb 6, 2008
happy.gif
The SS. Le Parisien sails in 1925. Might you know the names of the ships sailing to the Middle East that were french in the 20's?