SS Marine Electric

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sean C. Corenki

Hello All. The History Channel's show Deep Sea Detectives is covering the wreck of the SS Marine Electric tonight at 9:00. I know they're not always the best source of information but it should be interesting none the less. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Regards, Sean

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Unlike a lot of what you see on some of the popular documentary channels, the Deep Sea Detectives series is actually very good. My only gripe is that each episode isn't at least two hours in length. You can only do so much with an hour...less if you count commercial breaks.

I caught this presentation myself and thought it did a very thorough job covering the ground. The Marine Electric, like a lot of World War II construction that was kept soldiering on, was an accident waiting to happen. Overage, worn out, with decaying decks and hatch covers which the owners then loded with coal and sent out into the teeth of an Atlantic gale in February...and with the predictably tragic results.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
"Unlike a lot of what you see on some of the popular documentary channels, the Deep Sea Detectives series is actually very good."

I'll second that Mike. I've watched several episodes and have found each one to be well done and very informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.