SS Nomadic interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Does anyone out there have any pictures of the interior of SS Nomadic? As her restoration progresses we need to get more of an idea about paint colours, and little details like who made the clock etc. Any help would be gratefully received!

Regards

Keith

T

Timothy Trower

Keith,

Sorry for the lateness of a reply. Although not in colour, the Titanic Commutator, issue Winter 1979, has interior views taken in 1978-1979. They are credited to Peter Roberts and Daniel Valon. Perhaps these might be of some help.

T

Timothy Trower

Since I noticed that Keith hasn't logged in for the better part of a year, I went ahead and sent him a private message as well.

Many thanks for your message Timothy, I will certainly look into getting a copy of the Commutator.

I do view the messages on here nearly everyday, but I don't log in because my knowledge is overwhelmed by others on here and I don't think I would have anything useful to add!

Thanks again for the info,

Keith

T

Timothy Trower

Keith,

I'll bet that you have more to offer than you know!

One small correction. The photos by Peter Roberts were apparently taken in 1968. This includes one of the engine compartment.

T

Timothy Trower

Keith,

I've heard back from Ed and Karen Kamuda at the THS. The interior photos that were run in that issue of the Commutator were originally in colour, and they have more photos than ran in the journal. Hope this helps.

Brilliant work Timothy - thank you! I will try to get in touch with Ed and Karen and see if they can help out with the photos. 1968 era is actually even better because it may show what she was like inside while in service or very shortly afterwards.

Thanks again for your help,

Keith

I was intrigued enough by this thread to order my own copy of the Commuter on Monday (it arrived today).
I would love to see the images in colour myself particularly as I have spent many hours peering at the back of the detached panels on-board to read 96 year old hand writing, as well as examining the patterns and angling and then matching them up with the general arrangement plans.

Frances

Status
Not open for further replies.