Stenson's book

Hanna Turunen

Mar 23, 2004
I hoped Patrick Stenson's book 'The Odyssey of C H Lightoller' for Christmas present. Yesterday my uncle said that he had ordered it from Amazon (we live in Finland), but it was sold out... So I didn't get it :'( ... So I think, can anyone of you sent those pics to me, please? Or can anyone say can I download that book, with or without pictures, somewhere in the internet? Thanks to everyone! ;) Merry Christmas!

Hanna Turunen

Mar 23, 2004
Okay, that doesn't matter
happy.gif
. Do you have got this book?

Pat Winship

May 14, 1999
Hanna, the one that's in hypertext is Lightoller's autobiography, Titanic and Other Ships, not Patrick Stenson's more recent Titanic Voyager. TAOS can be legally viewed and downloaded IF your home country has a "lifespan of the author plus fifty years" rule on public domain, as do Australia and Canada.

Pat W

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Thanks for the reminder, Pat - I've been meaning to mention that there's a possibility of Australia's copyright law changing in light of moves towards a new free-trade agreement with the USA. The proposal would bring the Oz 50 years in line with the USA and much of Europe, which may well have implications for texts such as the online TAOS
sad.gif
I'm hoping to follow up with some of our copyright experts to see if it would have retrospective applicability to sources already in the public domain.

Pat Winship

May 14, 1999
I'd guess it would, Ing. If Oz and Canada do follow the European Union in that respect, probably the only recourse would be to get the permission of the Lightoller family to continue it. Whether they'd give it or not, I've no idea.

Pat W