Steve Burke

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Burke

Hi Everyone, I last posted just over a year ago, I routinely visit to catch up on the latest news and findings. I have only 1 question, is there a database anywhere that shows who missed getting on the Titanic in Southampton? My Grandmother (aged 3 at the time with her 2 sisters and her Mom) missed her sailing for some reason and managed to get on the next ship to Canada about a month later. I can only assume they bought(I may be wrong)a ticket but didn't use it.

Thanks,
Steve

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Steve,

No such database exists, but if memory serves me right, about fifty people or so missed the voyage.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what ship your family members ended up coming across on?

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

S

Steve Burke

Thanks Jason,

That's why I'm here. I'm trying to find out what ship she came over on. I don't know if they changed their plans and came straight to Canada or went to New York (then to Canada) where the Titanic would have taken them. I haven't found a database anywhere that shows all the complete passenger lists of all the ships to that port on the Net. Do you know if they have the complete list of ships and passenger lists at each port?

I have a lot work ahead of me.

Steve
(Brampton, Ontario)

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
You're welcome Steve.

I did a couple of searches on Yahoo and Google, and found the following sites:

Ship's Passengers Lists and Indexes

Passenger Lists On The Internet

The second one links to many other web sites and it's a goldmine of information. So it's the better one of the two.

I hope this helps and I'd be interested in hearing what you find out. Also, I noticed that we don't live far from each other, as I live in Toronto.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.