Steward P Henry

• Thread starter James Edward Owens (Jowens)
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Edward Owens (Jowens)

in my new book (Titanic...Triumph and Tradgedy there is a photo of Steward Named P. Henry,i cant find him on any crew list..could somebody help me?thanks,James

C

Chris Dohany (Cdohany)

I believe this photo originally ran in "The Daily Mirror" newspaper, which identifies the man as "Mr. P. Henry, a steward." There was a boots steward named William Henry Rattenbury who signed the ship's articles as "W. Henry" (I'm not sure why.) I suppose this could be Rattenbury, but why whoever supplied the photo to the mirror also gave the false name I don't know.
I have also wondered whether or not the man in the photo might be Edward Hendy, another Titanic steward.
Chris Dohany

J

James Edward Owens (Jowens)

Thanks Chris,in the book it also has Mr E. S. Freeman twice,one as Mr S. Freeman a Steward,it is obvious it is the same gentleman,and on Mr E.S. Freeman's Bio site on this page it has both photo's.,I have wondered about Mr P. Henry since i have gotten the book(last week)I thank you for telling me im not alone,im not the only one who's confused here,Regards,James Owens

Status
Not open for further replies.