Straus in Ga

Oct 10, 2007
Does anyone know of the locations in Columbus Ga of the L Straus & Son company? I know that they lived there and wanted to find their old home (if its still around...only some of old town is still around) and office building.

Oct 10, 2007
Thank yall so much...We have a historical society that Im trying to get in touch with...Kindof upsetting to learn their house is now a parking lot...

May 27, 2007
I noticed that from your tour of Leadville Jason. So I know of what you speak. Some of the houses in Springfield are still standing from the turn of the last century and they look it too. Which in a way is just as frustrating believe me. There's this one house with its original carriage block out front. I think that's what they called it. A stepping stone for people to get out of carriages back before they had cars. Well anyway the house is in deplorable condition. A house Pearl White lived in as a child is still standing and the exterior looks the same as it did in 1904, when she lived in it. She'd recognize it any way. For those of you who don't know Pearl White, She was a serial actress who shot to fame with the Perils of Pauline.

Oct 10, 2007
I have contacted the Straus Historical Society and they gave me the address to a man that has tours so hopefully in November I will have pics for yall