Stress Fracture Possibility Or Not

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
That thought occured to me also. Sometimes e-mail gets hinky and can't be trusted. At least here we have a solid record and don't have to worry about whether an attachement is a virus sent by somebody who spoofed one of our addresses.

May 9, 2001
When you think about it, there really is a great deal of value to the discussions on ET. If godforbid anything was to ever take them away from the public access, it would be a tremendous blow to Titanic research. I don't think its at all out of bounds to say that in the full history of Titanic, the website by Phil Hind, which started so humbly and is now the much revered and yet taken for granted, Encyclopedia Titanica is indeed a major chapter of the later day exploration of the great ship and the souls that sailed her.

There's probably a fine foundation for a sucessful book just waiting to be written about Mr. Hind and the movement of the online Titanic community he represents and serves. After all, one can never simply observe history, without affecting it somehow. Don't you agree?

Yuri

May 9, 2001
OK, I've finished copying the discussion texts for the Technical Threads.

I want to again thank everyone who posted in this discussion for the wonderful information and ideas that were contributed. And thanks to Erik, Dave and all others responsible for setting up this private thread and inviting me to participate.

It was very enjoyable.

Yuri

Erik Wood

Apr 10, 2001
I have taken notice, and....I don't know. Most of the information that was posted here was at the time top secret, now that several papers have been written on the subject, I don't know that it needs to be kept private. Perhaps just archiving it somewhere...but where is the special question. I have NOT gotten email from Phil on it that I can find or recall. I will send a note to Phil and all involved directly.

My suggestion is that it be archived in the technical threads for all to view. Since most of it is old information.