Stuart Kelly's Website

May 6, 2011
O wow, this furniture is so beautiful, in spite of its old-fashioned look (which I like). Not like the cheap stuff we get today - unless you have the money to have a craftsman work for you. Many thanks for posting all this, in spite of your web troubles, I urge you to keep going. Lucky people who managed to purchase these gems.

Steven Hall

Dec 17, 2008
Stuart you’ve done a great job in advancing our knowledge on Olympic’s interiors over the last 12 years plus. I believe your original website sparked Daniel Klistorner’s interest in the Olympic class ships interiors and appointments.
Today I know of no two other individuals with such encyclopedic knowledge in this area.

May 6, 2011
Dear Stuart. Please keep the pages coming. I dont think people today realise the competition for the biggest/fastest/most beautiful ship was first started over 100 years ago. Olympic's woodwork is still beautiful. I suppose you do know some of it still sails - somewhere within Celebrity Millenium.

Jan 6, 2005
Iowa, USA
Stuart,

Your site, which I had not known of until now, is really wonderful. It has a very unique perspective on the Olympic-class ships. It's great to see actual fittings from the Olympic instead of the numerous Titanic copies in theme-park attractions, or the sets of the Cameron movie. I was stunned to see the parcel-gilt railings from Olympic's staircases, as well as the clock panel with Honour and Glory crowned by Time (I will say that I don't care for the clock panel's present 'Grace Kelly movie' paintwork!). And the advertising painting of the a la Carte Restaurant answers many questions I had about its color scheme. Many thanks!