Stuck in Moblie

Anna Simpson

Jun 29, 2012
I'm stuck in the Mobile mode and the Full site button is not working!
Please, help me fix this. Thanks in advance! ~Anna

Jul 31, 2012
I just did something foolish. I was trying to find out what mobile mode was and you guessed it, clicked on it and am now stuck as well.

When you click on "Full Site" on the bottom of the page it just says page not found.

And no way to enter the settings and change it back.

Jul 31, 2012
You can't even edit posts in this mode, anyway I was trying to find a way to help you out but am now stuck with the same problem.

Looks like the button is broken.

Anna Simpson

Jun 29, 2012
For me, mobile mode seems to be here to stay.
Luckily, my computer has both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, so I can just use the Firefox program to see the normal screen. However, it would be nice for this one, Explorer, to be fixed as this one is quicker to load.

Jul 31, 2012
I don't know how or why it happened, but I logged out thinking it might let me go back to the standard screen (it did). When I logged back in it displayed a message that it was logging in and to click the link if not redirected in so many seconds, I just let it sit there and then a screen popped up saying there was an error (maybe I waited too long?) and before I knew it I was back on the normal screen! I very quickly went into the settings and changed it back (it still said it was set for mobile, I selected the Encyclopedia-Titanic mode).

Not sure how it worked but it may have something to do with the broswer blocking redirects. Might do the same thing again. Just a thought.

I hope someone can fix it though, since it appears that the link for the normal forum button you tried (and myself as well) is non responsive with a bad link. Perhaps the administrator could repair the button? You might need to send a message as I don't know if anyone has seen this post yet?

Anna Simpson

Jun 29, 2012
Hey, it worked! Thanks for all your help!:)

I'll try to send a message to an administrator so the button can be fixed if anyone else finds themselves there!

Jul 31, 2012
I'm glad it worked, no idea what it really did but it seemed to get it back to the normal mode.

Yeah, until it's fixed I think it would be a good idea to caution anyone wanting to use the mobile mode that they may find themselves in the same position.

Jul 31, 2012
Just an update, whilst viewing the community on a mobile device (which defaults to the 'Mobile' version) I attempted to select the 'Full' version using the button. It did not work. So this is still a concern should someone get stuck in the 'Mobile' version.