Submersible access to the Squash Court

jrboi

Josiah
Oct 5, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
Yes, shame on me for basing my conclusion on the words of the people who were there.
well to be fair you have to the go down the stairs from d deck then TURN right and follow the hallway which isn't that much and then you'll probably see the bars or glass, or what's left of it and so looking into the court through the viewing port would be useless since it would be pitch black but if we had a really powerful light or maybe even two ROVs maybe we would see something but generally to actually get into the court they would need to go through the narrow path down the stairs and then hopefully the door would be actually open because if not your in big trouble, but nevertheless you could question, why didn't anyone else wanna go down after they got tangled but obviously it was because of time restrictions, but that's not the only way you can reach that spot, simply going down the 3rd cargo hatch till you reach around g deck and then going through the 1st class baggage door on the left and going up the stairs you have probably the easiest access to it but, we will probably never know or try out my way lol, anyways play nice guys and don't argue over a simple theory

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
well to be fair you have to the go down the stairs from d deck then TURN right and follow the hallway which isn't that much and then you'll probably see the bars or glass, or what's left of it and so looking into the court through the viewing port would be useless since it would be pitch black but if we had a really powerful light or maybe even two ROVs maybe we would see something but generally to actually get into the court they would need to go through the narrow path down the stairs and then hopefully the door would be actually open because if not your in big trouble, but nevertheless you could question, why didn't anyone else wanna go down after they got tangled but obviously it was because of time restrictions, but that's not the only way you can reach that spot, simply going down the 3rd cargo hatch till you reach around g deck and then going through the 1st class baggage door on the left and going up the stairs you have probably the easiest access to it but, we will probably never know or try out my way lol, anyways play nice guys and don't argue over a simple theory
Hi JrBoi, been a while!

my thinking was following that the walls had maybe eroded partially, like the upper decks, so the ROV and the pilots in the submersible could see, what I think is, the grating for the viewing platform. I can be wrong!

Take care :)

jrboi

Josiah
Oct 5, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
Hi JrBoi, been a while!

my thinking was following that the walls had maybe eroded partially, like the upper decks, so the ROV and the pilots in the submersible could see, what I think is, the grating for the viewing platform. I can be wrong!

Take care :)
Thank you!
With all the time its been at the bottom you might be right to be fair at least in now in 2021 since I was only 1 or 2 years old when that documentary was made (if were thinking about the same documentary since I'm thinking about the 2005 documentary)

Sep 3, 2021
United Kingdom
I wonder, what is the historical significance of a view of the squash court? Other than a TV documentary?
There isn't much historical significance to the squash court, but personally I would love to see inside and I suspect many others would, as well. The same is true of the Turkish baths, but those images of them in the wreck were stunning (although I will admit there won't be colourful tiles in the squash court, but still . . .).