Suite Decor

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daniel Odysseus

B70 is portrayed as the Lambeth's cabin on Titanic: Adventure Out of Time, though I am not sure how accurate this is... I understand that Cyberflix made quite a few errors in the decor of some rooms...

Dec 7, 2000
These rooms were depicted inaccurately in the game. No solid proof exists to indicate exactly which style those cabins were decorated in.

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Daniel, if there is no solid proof to what the rooms looked like, then you can't make the assumption that they were depicted innacurately. For all we know, they could have looked just like the game, or they could have looked totally different.

Dec 7, 2000
Adam,

I have been researching Titanic's interiors for some time. I do have a theory as to what B69 and B70 both looked like, but I have no solid evidence to see whether I'm right or not.

Whilst I don't have proof as to what B70 looked like, I know what it did not look like. The style that it was depicted in the computer game was Old Dutch. This style was used on Titanic only twice. The only rooms on Titanic to be furnished in Old Dutch were B59 and C72. Thus I'm 100% sure that whatever the room looked like in the game is not correct.

I hope this helps,

Daniel.

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
It does help alot, I learned something. I knew you had been researching Titanic's cabins for sometime but, by the way I took your last post, you didn't know what b-70 looked like at all and that's why I said what I did. I do apologize. Wasn't B-59 occupied by the Conklings? And was it Old Dutch in the game? Sorry, it has been a while sine I last played the game because it doesn't play right anymore. Thank you for your help.

Adam

Dec 7, 2000
Adam, there is no need to apologise at all. I took no offence to what you said. From memory, I think you are right about the occupants of B59 in the game. It was Old Dutch, so the creators of the game must have decorated the cabin in this style, as it was known. I presume to save money, they made all other cabins look the same. If you visit C78 in the game, it is in the same style and has the same layout as a B deck cabin ... which is also wrong.

Daniel.

PS. I’m sorry if my previous response sounded as if I did take offence. I did not mean it to sound like that.

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Alright, thanks. I think you are right about them wanting to save money therefore, making many cabins look alike. Atleast they didn't make A-deck cabins look like the others. That sure would not have been good. It would be nice if some company with an endless pit of money(like microsoft) would attempt a Titanic game and get someone like you who knew their interiors well. With the graphics of today's video games that sure would be awesome!

P.S. You didn't sound like that, I was apologizing for taking in what you said wrong.

Adam

Jun 4, 2003
Hi! I am not sure where I saw it, but a company from Netherlands is responsible for the decor of some of Titanic's suites or something like that. I also remember seeing photos of rooms made by them that resemble a lot to Titanic's B deck suites. Any help on that would be appreciated! Thanks!

J

Jake Angus

George, did you win the bid on the book on Ebay?
evil.gif

Jun 4, 2003
I am afraid not, I cannot say I was THAT interested in that matter. Thanks for asking though! Do you have by any chance any info on my above post?I would appreciate it!

B

Brian R Peterson

Hi Carl,

B75 was a suite cabin and would have decorated in one of the eleven different decor styles used in First Class suites, however I am not sure which one, I had worked out a formula as to which cabins were what decor based on their surrounding cabins however now I cant find it
sad.gif

Best Regards,

Brian

C

Colter Addington

What style were Suites B-64 and B-66 decorated in? What would they have cost in US Dollars?

Jul 20, 2000
No idea of the style, but the advertised rate for each without the private bath & toilet was $550 for 1 passenger; $300 each for 2 passengers. With the private bath & toilet $775 for 1 passenger; $825 for 2 passengers. - Those rates are for Titanic's Maiden Voyage which was the Intermediate Season. The Rate was less in the Winter Season, more in the Summer Season.

As a Suite of Rooms B-64/66 with Servant's Cabin B-68 the cost for one or two passengers and a servant was $1,520. $50 extra for each additional person.
A Suite of Rooms is described as: Comprising Two bedrooms with Private Bath and Toilet (each room being fitted with a Wardrobe Room) and a Servant's Room.

Damon Hill

Jun 13, 2004
Hi Colter. Regarding the decor of b-64, there is a photo taken of b-60 looking aft with the interconnecting door to b-64 open. judging from what can be seen through the open doorway it appears to be in empire style. There is a photo of a room similar to this on the Olympic on page 156 of Anatomy of the Titanic, top picture, the one with the 4 poster bed. . As for b-66, I don't know how that was decorated.

Dec 7, 2000
Colter,

Damon is right, cabin B64 was in the Empire style. There is in fact a photo taken of this very room. "Titanic Voices" have a very nice version of this photo, "Titanic Triumph and Tragedy" also have a small version of this photo. Leo Marriott's "Titanic" also has this photo on pg.51.

As for B66 there is no information available to say what style the cabin actually was. If I was to give you a style I would only be guessing.

Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.