Survivors News

Matthew Jones

Apr 2, 2009
This was the post that I listed on 4/16/09 nothing out of the way. I just wish to get her help. I was thinking that this web page was set up to help with Titanic, not to show that we just care about looking the part.... So my post was removed twice without a world ?

'Your Majesty',

My name is Matthew Jones, from the States. I am a good friend of Titanic survivor,

Milvina Dean. Events that have occurred over the last few months with Milvina having been reduced to to selling what's left of her family heirlooms to the highest bidder. There is no need for me to attempt to explain her status, not only to you and myself, but more of a National Treasure to the whole world. I traveled to your lovely country last year, to visit with Milvina. A greater lady does not exist.

Madam, please search your heart, I am sure that some kind of solution can be found. Such a great friend should not have this burden in the last years of her life, with any concerns of monetary things. What I wish you to consider, is what we all hope to enjoy as we reach our golden years.

'Sincerely'

Matthew Jones

[Moderator's Note: This message and the two above it, originally a separate thread in an unrelated topic, have been moved to this pre-existing thread discussing Ms. Dean's well-being. The earlier message referred to here was also moved to this thread after initially having been placed elsewhere. MAB]

Jul 23, 2008
Matthew

I'm sorry your charming letter did not get a positive response from HM. But at least you tried. There's an old (rather blunt) saying, 'If you don't ask, you don't get' and your letter is a perfect example of that. It's always worth trying for something rather than sitting back and doing nothing at all.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Matthew, while I appriciate your desire to help out Miss Dean, I'm not really certain what can be accomplished by writing to Her Majesty the Queen about this. She's not to my knowladge a member of this forum and is not likely to have time to read it even if she looks in from time to time.

If you sent her a letter, realistically, the chances that it will be seen by anybody beyond a staffer are vanishingly small.

Matthew Jones

Apr 2, 2009
Thanks
Michael

I did write the Queen, I know the chances are slim but if we do not try, then nothing would get done. I'm glade that the stars got involve at least know she is being help ...

I also forward the story to CNN, Fox News, BBC & PBS along with the Queen with NO reply from any of them back in March & here in April but it didn't seem to be News worthy.

So I'm glad JC's Stars helped.I was hoping with the hits that this page gets it could have generated some help, being on the front page.

Thanks
Matthew

It all worked out without our help.

Apr 27, 2003
Just to say that Millvenia Dean has been admitted to hospital today and is not very well at all.
Lets hope that she makes another of her amazing fightbacks.

I will keep you informed.

Best regards

Brian

H

Holly Peterson

I will keep her in my prayers. That wonderful woman has come through so much, let's hope she pulls through this too, but if God calls her home to be with Him, let us hope that she will be at peace with her father, mother and brother again.