Survivors Thoughts ETC

T

Trent Pheifer

Hi Everyone,

I am doing a research paper for my English course about the Anti-Salvage/ Pro-Salvage debate. I know it the topic has been covered to death but I needed some clarification on some topics. Both sides seem to say that the majority of survivors and survivor's families support their own side. I was wondering if either side is telling the truth and which survivors supported each side.

As I was reading the congressional hearing for the Titanic Maritime Memorial Act, I seemed to get a different view from THS and Bob Ballard. They both seemed to say that gathering items from the debris field was ok. I know both of them are not very against any recovery what so ever. I had previously known of the Ballard switch but not the THS. What caused these two people to have a change of "heart"?

Also what became of the Titanic Memorial Act, the document I have only gives a word for word of the hearing, not the outcome, or the final regulations. It is a very interesting read, if you ever get the chance to read it.

Does anyone know James Cameron's thoughts on salvage? Sorry for asking so many questions, I just needed some clarity on certain aspects. Thanks for any help you can provide me.

-Trent

Eric Paddon

Jun 4, 2002
Trying to get to the bottom of Ballard's peculiar flip-flop remains a riddle wrapped inside an enigman in a mystery. Along with many other things he's said and done over the years.

T

Trent Pheifer

Eric,

Your not kidding! I can't figure the man out!

-Trent