Swimming Pool?

J

Jack Dawson

Hi all, so in Cameron's 2005 dive he explored the Turkish baths on F deck. I think he only explored the cooling room, is there a reason (debris or closed doors?) that he wasn't able to get into the electric bath? Or did he try? And I guess the two watertight doors leading to the swimming pool are closed?

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
Hi Jack,

Don't quote me on this but there was some photos of the Turkish Baths area which weren't shown in the movie or book but later came out in a couple of issues of the Titanic Commutator magazine. Can anyone else remember these? I think I still have the copies somewhere, shall have to try and find them.

Cheers,
Adam.

J

Jack Dawson

Hi Adam, I think you are right about that. I am almost positive that I remember some talk of the watertight door blocking access to the pool.

For myself, I think the deep exploration of Titanic's interiors can be pretty fascinating. I'm not an expert by any means, but it's my understanding that the upper decks (boat,A, B) more or less collapsed on C and D decks aft of the grand staircase. So there is little access since it pancaked down towards the back of the bow. Any exploration that gets us into areas deep in the ship is interesting to me. At some point the decks will continue to collapse, so if there are any questions of what is or is not below, it needs to be before that happens.