Assistant cook George Wynne (16) saved
Assistant butcher George Ronnan (16) died
Trimmer Peter Myles (17) died
Fireman John O'Connell (19) saved

Regards,

Hildo

Hildo Thiel

Nov 5, 2000
I have understood that John was the older brother of Leslie, so he must be older than 18, maybe one of the other members does know his age.

About other possible teenagers, I don't have no idea who, I think there are some more. Maybe one or both of the lift attendants, or one of the other assistant cooks. Possible a few among the trimmers and firemen and among the stewards and waiters.

Hildo

Hildo Thiel

Nov 5, 2000
Hello,

Does anyone know if there were more teenagers among the crew members besides the following 17 names:
Bosun's boy Thomas Quinn (17) died
AB Seaman Leslie N. Morton (18) saved
3rd waiter Charles Lapphane (19) died
Steward's boys:
George Bates (17) died
William Burrows (15) saved
Robert James Clark (15) saved
Cornelius Horrigan (16) saved
Benjamin R.H. Holton (16) saved
William Wilson Hughes (?) died
Edgar H. Joynson (19) saved
Philip Archibald Sharp (?) died
Arthur Valentine Steinberg (?) died
Harold Joseph Wright (?) died
Assistant cook George Wynne (16) saved
Assistant butcher George Ronnan (16) died
Trimmer Peter Myles (17) died
Fireman John O'Connell (19) saved

I think there must be some more, but if they were no more teenagers among the crew I would like to know too, because than I have to ask this not again.

By the way is there something known about the age of the following crew members:
Marian May Bird
Elizabeth Ross Morris Dewhurst
Ellen Hughes
Margaret Hull
Elizabeth Machell
Fanny Moorcroft
Mary Phillips
M. Leitch

Vernon Livermore
William Barnes
Edward Shay
Joseph Duncan
Alex Cowan
Stanley Rourke

Regards,

Hildo

Feb 23, 2008
Hi - Florence Sikking - later described as Mr. Florence Alfred Sikking was possibly my father,
actual name Florence Alfred Zikking born Liverpool 1896 or 1897. I believe this person could be my father because of the Christian names
(unusual for a man) and the similarity of the surnames. I am trying to find ANYTHING I can about the possibility that this was my father, having only heard of the connection last Friday.
If anyone knows anything at all please contact me?
Thanks - Wendy

Thomas Ozel

May 17, 2012
Hello

I thought you might like to know of another teenager among Lusitania's crew, who has not yet been mentioned on this list.

At the Maritime Museum in Liverpool, there is a BBC radio interview with a survivor called Mary Hall, who was a stewardess aboard the ship. Apparently she was 96, when the interview was recorded in 1994, so she would have been 16/17 years old at the time of the sinking. It also seems probable (but I can't say for certain) that she was the last remaining crew member from the Lusitania.

I hope this helps.

Thomas

Thomas Ozel

May 17, 2012
Earlier this week, I visited a fascinating exhibition at Liverpool's Maritime Museum called: "Lusitania: Life, Loss and Legacy", which includes artifacts from the liner and some BBC radio interviews with survivors such as Leslie Morton and George Wynne. But whilst I was there, I also noticed that the radio interview which I mentioned several years ago, now has a different description. Currently, it is described as a recording of a stewardess named May Walker (1875 - 1975), so the information in my above post is inaccurate, although the recording itself is still very interesting to listen to.