Tell the new mayor of WPB to bring TSOD to our city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, everyone, the new mayor of West Palm Beach, Lois Frankel, is looking for new ideas to revive the downtown area around CityPlace and Clematis Street and Flagler Blvd. There is ample room for you to voice your opinion about bringing the Titanic Ship of Dreams museum from Orlando to West Palm Beach! Please state the facts: TSOD's lease is up at the end of the year and they are weighing their options; West Palm Beach has several links to Titanic history which needs to be preserved and celebrated; Titanic exhibits draw record numbers of tourists from all over the world; and the TSOD would become the crown jewel of West Palm Beach. Drop the names of Titanic survivors who lived, played and died here: Molly Brown, William Carter, The Speddens, The Pillsbury-Snyders, Jack Thayer, Pauline Ryerson, Mrs. Widener, etc. The link to state your case is www.wpb.org, then click on "Downtown Summit" and tell them your opinion. If they hear from enough of us, they can't ignore the idea. Pass the word along!

All the best,
Kyrila

kyrila i used to live in sutart,fl and i agree with you it will be worth it for wbp to have a titanic exhibit and eventhough i live now in north dakota i have friends in stuart who might want to see it and i pray that it will happen i saw the titanic exhibit in las vegas nv a few years ago and it was worth it eventhough there could have been more artifacts to see i like it never the less jennifer mueller

OK Jennifer, pass the information along to your friends and get them involved. I'd be happy to correspond with them myself as we are formulating a membership of the South Florida Titanic Society for the purpose of preserving the area's links to Titanic history, as well as campaigning to bring the TSOD to West Palm Beach. Were you here when CityPlace opened? It's the perfect location, if a building that can accommodate the Grand Staircase can be found. So far, the city has not been able to provide such a building to TSOD - oh, yes! John Joslyn and Paul Burns of TSOD have already been here a few times to speak with city and county officials about moving here. They were very interested in the Cartoon Museum building in Boca Raton, which unfortunately already had a contract on it from a hotel conglomerate. Just as well, as no business is able to thrive in Mizner Park due to all the restrictions on signs and visibility from the street. Just goes to show you how pretentiousness can affect the local economy! Anyway, I'll email you privately for information on how your friends can contact me. Meanwhile, send the mayor your input anyway! Tourists are our bread and butter you know, and if the mayor sees that someone from as far away as ND is interested in this venture, all the better!

Kyrila

Status
Not open for further replies.