Tell us about yourself

Sam Brannigan

Dec 20, 2000
Phil

There are so many new and wondrous people about the board that I feel I am on a five year mission to explore new worlds and new civilisations.

Is there any way that having to give a little description of yourself, or even just what got you into the Titanic, or what fascinates you about it could be made a prerequisite of joining the message board.

Why not send everyone immediately to the "Introduce Yourself" thread and then stop them from copping out by posting just an e-mail address? It's frustrating when debating this or that with someone, and they don't give any info about themselves which helps give a little background to their personality

I can't see why anyone would refuse to give such a cursory account of themselves so we can all see what makes them tick!

Hope all is well and you aren't singing "Ring of Fire" yet!

Also...a live chat room would be nice! Applets (or whatever they're called at the ready!)

Regards

Sam

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Hi Sam, Phil's on holiday in India, so I hope you don't mind a little input from myself on this. Anyone who wants to post something about themselves on the Introduce Yourself folder may do so. However, some people may not be so inclined for their own good reasons. It's simply a matter of privacy.

Besides, with well over a thousand registered users, could you really wade through them all? I couldn't, and I try to at least glance at everything posted here.

BTW, if you want to read about me, my intro is in the introductions archive under Michael H. Standart, and Michael H. Standart Part Duex. I started the second one because quite a conversation got going and the length of the thread was becoming unmanageable.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

R

Rolf Vonk

Hey Teri,

Why won't we make it a kind of commitment to tell a little about ourselves in the introductions? I can imagine that we are sometimes very curious to know a little more about eachother. However believe me, I can learn much of your introduction as it was far more complete than mine!
happy.gif

Rolf.

Apr 7, 2001
Rolf,

Yes, my introduction was a bit more thorough and direct than most, but unfortunately I wasn't as well received as others. I enjoy being accepted as Teri and spoken to as Teri, but sometimes it really tickles my fancy to be addressed as B_ _ _ _ . Who knows, maybe some folks are just too scared of me!

Hah! I didn't say the magic "B" word Phil!!!!!

Swinging on the line over here.

Yours,

Teri

Apr 7, 2001
Josh,

And here we meet again. So soon!

Well okay, it took me some thinking to figure out what in the heck you were talking about, Borax? I re-read all the threads here and did not find any reference to Borax. Then - - wahlah! I figured it out and well, I hate to have to tell you this but your guess is incorrect, my friend.

A Flunk!

Teri

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
ATTENTION EVERYONE:

I have recently been contacted by someone who got my e-mail address off this board. He wanted to sell me Titanic survivor obituaries (140 in all) that he has collected (probably from this website) so buyer beware.

Kyrila

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Hi, Josh,
Got the video yesterday and got to watch it tonight. Thanks so much for your trouble. If there's anything I can do in return. . . . By the way, didn't you just love the Rose DeWitt Butaker faux pas? She said it twice and I had to laugh. But I enjoyed the story.

Apr 7, 2001
Ah hah!!! By Golly I think I've got it! Nanny nanny to you Kyrila!

And you're so very right. Phil does not allow us to speak of either B.....

Yours,

Teri

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Kyrila,
Glad you liked the tape. I noticed the "Butaker," too and had to smile. The whole thing was inspired by that movie, and they couldn't even pronounce the heroine's name correctly! And it wasn't any trouble at all! I already had the VCRs hooked up, so all I needed to do was hit Record!
happy.gif

Teri,
So it's not borax?

Josh.

L

Louise Taylor

hello there.. I am in south korea but am from Plymouth England.. famous for having one of the titanic survivors living there!!... I am researching (as is everyone huh?).. what happened to the effects and compensation of the crew of Titanic... anyone with any information please write to me.. I have spent many hours in Kew Gardens.. but as I am now here I cannot have that luxury.. I still want to research this fascinating topic.. enough blabbling.. Louise

J

Joanne Seiferlein

Hi, Ahoy and all that.
I have been a Titanic buff for about five years now, and would love to correspond with anyone who might like to discuss Titanic with me--I love to learn more about the ship and it seems that every time I run into another buff or book I learn something new. so-- write already!
[email protected]

Joanne Seiferlein

H

Helen Chetham

Hello Everyone
My name is Helen Chetham.
I am (I think - still looking to confirm it) the Great Great Granddaughter of First Class Passenger Col. John Weir. I watched the movie and told my mother that she had to see it then she gave me a 1956 published paperback of Walter Lords 'A Night To Remember' which belonged to my Grandmother Helen Marshall(nee Weir). We believe that Col. Weir was her Grandfather. I am still looking into this subject and love pretty much everything Titanic as I imagine you all would.
On a different note - I have two sayings that I would like to share with you (I got them from movies or books)
What is for you ... will never go by you
May the best of your past be the worst of your future.
I find these are great in times of need and just wanted to share.
Thanks for listening
Love Helen
PS You can e-mail me at [email protected]

D

David Colton

Hi all,
I've been a member of the message board for a while now but I've been busy with work so now I'm introducing myself.
My name is David. I am 18 years old and I live near Swansea,South Wales,UK.
I've been interested in RMS Titanic since I was 11 when I had to do a project on the ship. After I did the
project ( I got full marks! ) I decided to study more into it.
My mates used to think that I was strange.When they were playing,I was reading about the ship.
I am also interested in the Olympic and the Britannic.
I'm a proud member of the British Titanic Society.
I just want to say hello to everyone else on the board.
If you want to contact me,my email is [email protected]
Bye
David.C