The Andrea Doria Disaster

Eric Paddon

Jun 4, 2002
I guess the confusion we have is about what that final scene was meant to show because whereas some see that as the funnel, it looked more like a stern section sticking high in the air and going down at an angle. Again, a cheap bit of stock footage frome WWII, no matter what it was meant to be.

Daniel Cox

Apr 5, 2004
What i saw was the funnel and it was coloured (and after it founders you see a smashed lifeboat been pushed aside by the surge of water).Im still curious about the "cheap black and white footage" others have seen.

Eric Paddon

Jun 4, 2002
That's the same scene we're talking about. To me it doesn't look like a funnel at all but a ship's stern section going down at an angle, and the footage used for that wasn't in color but was B/W film showed perhaps in a "tinted" format but whatever the case it hardly matched the color cinematography of the movie. It was just a piece of cheap stock footage, and the only thing we're differing on is what it seemed like, and it's not that there was any additional footage we're trying to track down.

Eric Paddon

Jun 4, 2002
Personally, I think the film is pretty good with only the little girl being an annoying nuisance with her whining. And notice the continuity gaffe at one point where Robert Stack out in the corridor has lost his necktie at one point but when he comes back to the cabin to check on his trapped wife, the necktie is back on!

Daniel Cox

Apr 5, 2004
Thanks Eric , i will double check again......been nearly 7 years since i last saw that movie.
Regards Dan
happy.gif

Eric Paddon

Jun 4, 2002
"The Last Voyage" has been available on DVD for some time now in much better quality than any VHS version.