The Angles

Dave Hudson

Apr 15, 2011
Hi!
I am related to the Angles of Second Class. They were Mr. and Mrs. William A. Angle (her full maiden name was Florence Agnes Hughes). William was born in 1878, while Florence was born in 1876 in Lexington. She and her husband lived at 339 West 19th Street, New York. They boarded the Titanic at Southampton. They were visiting her father in Warwick, England.
She survived, leaving the ship in Boat 11. William did not survive. After the sinking, she moved in with her sister at 212 East 46th Street, New York City.
Thier ticket number was 226875
I got this information from ET, but have no idea where to go from there. Can anyone help me?
I can't resist imagining how she spent her time in Boat 11. Was she the lady with the notorious alarm clock? Or was she one of the people threatening to throw it overboard? Every time that I hear a story about that lifeboat, I can't help but wonder.
Please help me figure out who she was. I have no where else to go to trace her. I can't find anything in the archives concerning them.
Regards,
David

Nov 22, 2000
David, Florence Angle was born in the United Kingdom - not the United States as appears on her biography. She only went to America in her early twenties after having trained as a nurse where she met her husband to be, William (known to all as Sonny Angle). The couple returned to England where they married and then went back to the States. Florence had wanted to remain in England but her husband was a very talented mosaic artist and was much in demand in the decoration of new houses being built around New York. Theirs is a long story which I won't go into here but you are welcome to email me privately. I do own, however, Florence's necklace which she wore on the Titanic and am in touch with two of William Angle's great, great nephews.

Phillip Gowan

Apr 10, 2001
Hi David,
Here's some information on Mrs. Angle gleaned from her death certificate. I hope this helps a bit.

Phil

REGISTRATION DISTRICT: Warwick and Leamington

ADMINISTRATIVE AREA: County of Warwick

NAME AND SURNAME: Florence Agnes ANGLE

DATE OF DEATH: Twentieth August 1969

PLACE OF DEATH: 103 Tachbrook Road
Leamington

SEX: Female

MAIDEN SURNAME: Hughes

DATE OF BIRTH: 8th March 1876

PLACE OF BIRTH: Warwick, Warwickshire

Mosaic Tiler