The Art of Ken Marschall

Steve Santini

Nov 29, 2000
Thank you Martin,
As I said, this kind of image has been haunting me for over 20 years. It becomes all the more understandable when you have actual woodwork and a deck chair from the Titanic sitting in your living room (as I do). When I lived in Halifax I often used to look out at the ocean, close my eyes, and imagine the sea covered with wreckage and victims in the wake of the disaster. I cannot imagine the horrors the crews of the body recovery ships must have experienced. In my humble opinion, I feel the emotions these men must have felt as they carried out this tragic work would make the basis for a very powerful television documentary or even "mini movie". This is certainly one very emotional and moving segment of the Titanic saga that is often not considered enough. Thank you again for the illustration. Regards, Steve Santini

M

Mikael Jonsson

Greg:
Photoshop is far much better than Paint Shop Pro.
If you make more Titanicillustrations , how about making one of the sinking?

Apr 23, 2002
I think if I wanted Ken to produce a painting for me I would like a nightime shot taken from a skyscaper in NY harbour with the Carparthia steaming into pier 54, surrounded by press and tug boats on the night of April 18th.
Think that would make an excellent painting.

May 3, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
Mmmmm,
Some really good ideas.
I personally would like to see him do some more paintings on the LUSITANIA. Say a pierside scene at the 'Pool or NYC for one or the event of her running into that monster wave off Grand Banks in 1910.
Just a few starters 'cause I could think of many.

cheers
Martin

P.S. happy 4th of July to my friends in America (ET crowd in general)

Eric Sauder

Nov 12, 2000
"...one or the event of her running into that monster wave off Grand Banks in 1910."

That was one of the scenes I suggested for Exploring the Lusitania. Unfortunately, it was vetoed by the publisher.

Eric Sauder

L

larry quinn

I have to agree with those who would like to see her after she finaly arived ar her destitination in 1912.

May 3, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
Wowwww!
Thanks Eric. That is something I have always imagined and even gone so far as scripting with storyboard drawings!
That book would have been even, visually, better if they had done it. Alas.

thanks

Martin

May 3, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
I know I have put my 10c worth already but another I would like to see would be a day after sinking scene form the same POV as the painting on the cover of EXPLORING THE LUSITANIA. this would be like his two paintings of the sunk ANDREA DORIA.
I will post a drawing on the Wreck thread in the Lustania section (if I can)

Martin

A

Art of Ken Marschall

}I just wanted to let those of you that are interested in the art of Ken Marschall know about the availability of a special 1912-2012 Titanic Centennial Calendar featuring his art, produced by Trans-Atlantic Designs. You'll see several new paintings that are being published for the very first time, and it's packed with more information than you've ever seen in any Titanic calendar. Check it out www.transatlanticdesigns.com.

Codus Lionel

Oct 11, 2006
Marseille " FRANCE "
Hi everybody,

Here are the images to one hundred years of the Titanic by Ken Marschall.

http://www.transatlanticdesigns.com/pubs.html#

I spent commendam soon as I could do I expect the confirmation e-mail.

Best regards.

http://titanic-model.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=100&topic_id=43893&mode=fulll

Français:

Salut à tous,

Voici les images pour les cent ans du Titanic par Ken Marschall.

J'ai passé commende dès que j'ai put le faire j’attends le message de confirmation e-mail.

Salutation distinguées.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I just obtained this calendar, which is gorgeous and stunning that includes some new works by Ken Marschall. It is the only one worth having, to remember the great ship during her centennial. I highly recommend it.

senjorlossi

Apr 26, 2012
Hello to all,
first post in this forum for me.:) My name is Stefan Loss, I come from Germany (near Cologne).

I have a question about the art of Ken Marschall, of which I am a big fan since I got my first book about the Titanic way back in the 80s.

On my search about prints of Ken Marschall´s paintings I came across this website:

http://www.kenmarschall.com/

which claims to both sell original paintings, as well as licenses for reproduction. They also say that they are driectly connected to Marschall and that you can contact them for commissioning a new painting. I have wrote them an e-mail almost a week ago regarding the costs for buying or lilcensing a certain picture that is available on their website, as well as a rough estimation of the costs for commissioning a new painting (which I am thinking of). Unfortunately I did not hear anything from them yet.

Did anyone of you already have contact to the people from this website?

Or do you know a place where to obtain high quality prints of Ken Marschall´s paintings? I am aware of the "Transatlantic Designs" website, but they only have a small amount of pictures, and not the ones that I am actually interested in.

IanMcD

Jun 9, 2013
Poulsbo, WA
This is the most haunting picture I have ever seen of the ship. The hair on the back of my neck raises up every time I see it. It is called "And The Band Played On"

As far as a painting I personally would like to see of Ken Marschall, I am not picky. I admire all work he feels inspired to do. View attachment 5263
Does anyone happen to know if he has a gallery or way to view his originals? I bet they are more spectacular than in the books.

Mikael, thank you for posting the image. I had not come across it before.

Colleen
The link is dead now of course given this was posted back in 2002.