The best of the least known documentaries

Tyler Peters

Apr 24, 2016
Does anybody have any documentaries of the Titanic that they really like or enjoy, but is not very well-known outside of general public?

There's one that was included in a DVD release of Titanic: The Complete Story that's called Beyond Titanic. It was narrated by Victor Garber, and it talked about the cultural impact that Titanic made, and how it's been continued to be told in different media outlets.

Chase Pounds

Sep 7, 2016
Hi. I have always been interested in the story of the Titanic from a young age and one of my favorite documentaries has been "Beyond Titanic" that I remember watching since I was 10 years old and which is the only documentary that I know of that mentions all the Titanic films through the decades. Even though I thought the documentary was well done and accurate on the subject but knowing what I know now it left out some other Titanic Movies and TV appearances such as 1937 "History Was Made That Night" 1971"The Night Gallery" 1981 "Time Bandits" 1982"Voyagers"1989 "Ghost Busters Sequel" and 1996 "No Greater Love". They also didn't show the 1979 film '' SOS Titanic". Then on the part when they talk about "A Night to Remember" they didn't mention that there was as a TV special that came out in 1956 two year before the feature film version. A matter of fact they didn't mention that Margret Browns story was featured in the 1957 TV show "Telephone Time".

robert warren

Feb 19, 2016
Titanic Survivors was an early one. While not loaded with special effects, it has interviews with a number of survivors including Walter Purkis.This was made in 1981 or so. I do enjoy it because it reminds me of those pre discovery days.

robert warren

Feb 19, 2016
Hello, just thought of another one,Titanic The Ultimate Collection. This doco came out on the 80th anniversary of the sinking.There are 4 one hour long shows that deal with certain topics. This one is good in the fact that it has more extensive interviews with Edith Heisman, and Eva Hart. Its nice to hear Eva speak about other things related to the ship and her life after,other than the "my mother had a premonition" bit you hear on so many other docos. Also this film talks with decendants of other survivors of both crew and passengers that are almost unknown.A particular favorite is the 80 year old woman who was CONCEIVED on the Titanic by her parents traveling in 2nd class under a different name.Her father's name was Morley.Enjoy!

J Sheehan

Aug 23, 2019
Cork, Ireland
Does anybody have any documentaries of the Titanic that they really like or enjoy, but is not very well-known outside of general public?

There's one that was included in a DVD release of Titanic: The Complete Story that's called Beyond Titanic. It was narrated by Victor Garber, and it talked about the cultural impact that Titanic made, and how it's been continued to be told in different media outlets.

Well don't worry there, you're in luck!

Here it is as on YouTube!

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 14, 2005
Thanks for posting that. Thats a good docu on the overall story thru the years. I had seen it before but I just saved it to my files. Thanks again.